• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

dolores

S

starfish

i have been told by my cpn that i am on the mental health register. does any one know what this means please?

T

twin keck

from what i can gather

hi just had a quick look but theres loads around. i cut and paste this small item which may help explain. its got me wondering weather they tell you that you are on it. i will ask a nurse i know.
Mental Health Register = All patients with schizophrenia, bipolar disorder and other psychoses.
Note: This register was previously ( 2004/05 and 2005/06) defined as - all patients with severe
long-term mental health problems who require and have agreed to regular follow-up.

S

*Sapphire*

Eh? I have never heard of this. I'm going to do a bit of research myself. I'm not sure I like the sound of it though....

S

schizolanza

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I've never heard of it either.

S

*Sapphire*

I've read up on it.

In parts of Scotland you can be on it, but you have to give your permission, and it means that you get annual checks with your GP practice, unless you are on lithium where it is six monthly. It looks like that by being on it they are duty bound to offer you an annual appoinment to have your care co-ordination, meds, general health etc reviewed.

In the UK it looks like individual health authorities are co-ordinating theirs and it doesn't look as though all of them are involved - but I may be completely wrong. It looks similar to Scotlands set up.

Both you have to be diagnosed with a 'severe and enduring' mental illness to be on it.

For a minute I thought it was like a sex offenders register and I'm sure I wouldn't be the first to jump to that conclusion! What a stupid name, how's that for increasing stigma?!