• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

dolores

S

starfish

hello i am new to this forum and i like it very much i think its going to help me a lot. i recently lost a really great c.p.n whom i trusted totaly and could talk to him about anything, its really breaking me up to not have him to talk to, i am not really liking the new one the m h t. has allocated me. has anyone experienced this? i suffer depression also mixed anxiety all of the types listed on the forum also the main one agoraphobia unable to go out alone i go out with a health care worker attend a day care centre and go shopping with my husband if i lose him in the shop i start to panic. all this started 5 years ago after losing a close family member. i have tried all sorts of medication none of which has helped very much and am now coming off some of them. i am waiting to start c.b.t/ has anyone found this helpfull? also to top it all off i have developed diabetes due to wieght gain probably due to meds. sorry to waffle on
but could use some advice.thankyou for reading this.

trombone_babe

trombone_babe

Hi Dolores, :welcome: to the forum. I've not had a cpn before (though I hope I might get one soon) but I know what you mean when someone you really trust isn't available any more. I'm also unable to go out on my own at the moment, a recent development, and know exactly what you mean about the panic when you lose your husband in the shops! I've been put back on citalopram with diazepam, and have asked for some sort of talking therapy. CBT is meant to be good for depression, but apparently you need to do tasks between sessions. I've got big problems with motivation and concentration, remembering to do things etc. so I'm not sure that's for me, but might suit you fine. I'm also diabetic due to weight gain after underactive thyroid.