Doing something for charity

Anime-Alchemy

Anime-Alchemy

Wasn't exactly sure where to start this thread. So, as I start and maintain my recovery starting today, I want to do something for charity. I would do something for mental health.
I want to cycle across England and Scotland for charity. It doesn't matter how long it takes me but this would be nice to do. Maybe this summer I could do this?

T

Topcat

Nice idea!
Some charities do organised events that you can sign up to, they have a minimum amount to be raised but its good because it's all organised.
I was wanting to do a volcanic trek in Iceland (it was the cheapest entry fee one for the charity :) but I don't think I will manage it this year)
I did do a marathon a bit spontaneously 4yrs ago.
Good luck with your pursuits!
Xx

Anime-Alchemy

Anime-Alchemy

Thank you very much :)
I will either do it through an organized event/charity or i'll do it spontaneously. But before doing it, I will need to get my fitness up. I'm very unfit at the moment.

Also good luck in your pursuits :)

pepecat

pepecat

That sounds like a good idea - some charities do cycle events, or you could do an organised ride and raise money for charity. I did a British Heart Foundation bike ride a while back, and then the following year did a cyclo-sportive and raised money for charity that way.

Good luck!!

BillFish

BillFish

Wasn't exactly sure where to start this thread. So, as I start and maintain my recovery starting today, I want to do something for charity. I would do something for mental health.
I want to cycle across England and Scotland for charity. It doesn't matter how long it takes me but this would be nice to do. Maybe this summer I could do this?
I helped raise 3 grand for baby incubators for a hospital doing a 200 mile bike ride a few years ago, there were 8 of us doing it, the rest did it in relays but I did the entire 200 miles. Don't see why you couldn't do it, I'd ask for advice and help organizing it though.:p