• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

doesn't it hurt when you can't tell someone why you're not able to study like others?

F

fluffpill

my tutor asks me why i can't do it if so many others have done it before me in terms of writing exams the way he wants me to.

I am slow i need more time than a regular normal person to write exams and the whole process will take me much longer than a normal person.

my schizoaffective is the cause and i can't tell him the truth. He's trying to boost my confidence thinking that's the issue. I feel sorry for him and i feel sorry for myself too. I don't know what to tell him.

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Hi,
I'm so sorry your struggling, every student is different your tutor should really know that.
Hope things get easier for you.
Hugs

S

Sugold

Mind if I ask, why can't you tell your tutor the cause exactly?

F

fluffpill

i haven't told anybody about my condition. i am afraid he'll tell someone, other students, or even if i tell him i am afraid of what he'll think and i am just not used to telling anyone about my condition. even my family doesn't know about it except for my parents. not a single friend knows about it. i am paranoid about it.

F

fluffpill

sometimes i really wanna tell some people about it like my tutor or my closest friend but my family says i shouldn't and they scare me. it's extremely stigmatized in my culture.

S

Sugold

well, do you think you can trust your tutor with keeping things like your specific situation confidential? You do seem like you want to tell him after all, so that things could get better. Same things with your friends; I f you trust them enough, make sure your friends can keep things personal and confidential.

M

Maria08

Would you feel more comfortable talking to the schools disability people?

When I applied for my course it asked me if I suffered any illness an I clicked yes. They sent me a form for my doctor to fill out. It took me a year to do it because I didn’t want to tell anyone, but then I did it and the disability office (or whatever fancy name they give it) did me a plan to give to the tutors. It has a load of interventions on there including extra exam time, and it does not have my diagnosis on it, that is kept confidential.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
F Schizoaffective Forum 4