• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Does youre delusions disappear after eating and drinking?

K

Krissybabe2020

Hi

I suffer from schizophrenia with delusional beliefs. I'm currently on antipsychotic meds and whenever I eat I feel spaced out when I stand up and then my delusions disappear but then they come back 5 minutes or so later.

Anyone else experienced this x

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
I have never heard of that. Have you spoken to anyone about it? I don't think there is any link medically.

It is important you keep eating your healthy meals though, no matter what happens.

K

Krissybabe2020

Yeah I've spoken to my mental health nurse she just says it's a good thing my beliefs go away but not for me I get so distressed when they go away cause I think something bad might happen to me

Thank you xxx

D

Derail

Hey krissybabe,

I am sorry you feel this way.
I do not suffer from persistent delusions, but I have come to realize, that eating combined with cooking can reduce my symptoms generally. I think that is because you are occupied doing something easy but not too easy. I cultivated it to be a hobby for me.
Maybe cooking for yourself can also reduce the fear there might be something wrong with your food?

Love

K

Krissybabe2020

Hey krissybabe,

I am sorry you feel this way.
I do not suffer from persistent delusions, but I have come to realize, that eating combined with cooking can reduce my symptoms generally. I think that is because you are occupied doing something easy but not too easy. I cultivated it to be a hobby for me.
cooking for yourself can also reduce
the fear there might be something wrong gour food?

Love
Hi derail

I know its horrific what im going through. I've never really been adventurous with cooking before

Hope you are well xxxx

L

Lab rat

I don’t know? How do you know your delusion has gone away? I could understand if it was hallucinations/voices that went away. Delusion for me takes time (months or years) they don’t just “pop” in and out

D

Derail

I do snap in and out of psychosis, so there might be a delusion that’s just there for minutes. In that moment it is real for me and when I’m back again, I realize it is not true.
I think people experience psychosis very differently.
But I am on quetiapin 550 mg, I guess without it, things would be more persistent.