• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Does "where they come from" matter?

W

WishfulSpirit

Hi everyone. I am very new to this community and wanted to ask something based on the information I've been reading on the main Intervoice website.

The debates about the meanings of voices are very interesting, but does having one "right" answer on this really matter? One statement I read either here or elsewhere said something to the effect of "if you believe you're weaker than the voices, you can't cope with them, but if you believe you're stronger, you can."

Rather than try to find the one "right" answer to where voices come from, I think it's more important that we try to help each voice hearer develop a "theory of origin" that fits with his or her own worldview and allows the hearer to grow toward mental and emotional wholeness, so that he or she can fully function in society and maintain healthy relationships. What do you guys and gals think?

R

rabina

Hi everyone. I am very new to this community and wanted to ask something based on the information I've been reading on the main Intervoice website.

The debates about the meanings of voices are very interesting, but does having one "right" answer on this really matter? One statement I read either here or elsewhere said something to the effect of "if you believe you're weaker than the voices, you can't cope with them, but if you believe you're stronger, you can."

Rather than try to find the one "right" answer to where voices come from, I think it's more important that we try to help each voice hearer develop a "theory of origin" that fits with his or her own worldview and allows the hearer to grow toward mental and emotional wholeness, so that he or she can fully function in society and maintain healthy relationships. What do you guys and gals think?
Hello Wishfulspirit,

I believe origin is very important to the voice hearer as it "intrudes" and dissrupts a persons life immensely.
A person who begins hearing voices whether externallly or internally or both for that matter are going to search for answers; it's human nature.
Since the voice hearer is often cruelly stigmatized by family, friends and so called professionals, I think it's helpful for many to discuss all that relates to "hearing voices."
Some may find answers to the cause and others may not, but yes,
"coping mechanisms" are essential as well as support from family, friends and people involved in a professional way.
I think that most do find ways in dealing with voices from their life experiences, environment, world views and their background in general.
All people all whole human beings with everyone of us having our own burdens to carry and we all function as best as we can.
Positive re-inforcement is essential in the well being of us all on a daily basis.
I understand what you are saying and agree fundamentally, but who is to say what mental and emotional wholeness is in such a diverse society?
We all strive for inner peace and happiness which we all get from different sources.
Some of us have to work a little harder than the next person perhaps.

Stay well,
rabina

I

imported_softwhisper

Hello Wishful...Rabina(i do hope you are well)...

to...be able...to...focus...on...daily...atribrutes...whilst...conversation...of...'voice'...continually...gripes...
is...a ...very...difficult...thing...to...do...
I...lost...my...employment...because...of...'voice'...
unknown...to...employers...
nods...as...good...as...;)
I was...a carer...in... an... old folks...home...high care...
i...loved...my work...
and...
so... did... 'voice'...unfortunately...
do... this... Lily...
mrs so... and... so...has...wet...the bed...go...there...lily...
jeanie...needs...a bed pan...(jeanie... wouldn't... know... if... she did... or... not)
wash... your hands... lily(even... if... i... just had)...
and...so...on...
time...ticking away...
and...lily...frazzled...trying...to...keep... up... with...matrons orders...and...
that...
of ...'voice'...
of...what... was...
i... became...very ill...
not... able... to... function...
went... down...the old road...
of...
i... give... up...
now...
if...I...had...known...of...support...at...
that...
time...
such...as...
Intervoice...
and...associations...of...
then... perhaps...human compassion... of... other hearers
would... have ...helped...
to... talk... lessens... the burden...
experience...of...others...makes...one...feel...they...are...not...alone...
my faith...has...kept...me...warm...
i...look...to...your....statement...wishfulspirit...

"if you believe you're weaker than the voices, you can't cope with them, but if you believe you're stronger, you can."

to...my learnings...if...i... adhere...to...negative 'voice' ...remarks...in any form...
im... giving... power... to... them...
i... therefore... lessen... my own power
if... i believe...
that...
im... stronger...
only... conjures... negative sources... of... 'voice'... more... to... my soul... destruction...
i...for... self...
leave...all power...to...'Thee Power'...
'The Creator'...
to... take... control... of... my faith...
in...
that...
my will...
is... important...
as... it is... not... a destructful... will...
i... have... the philosophy... of... love...
simple rules...
respect...
i ...
therefore...
leave...
that...
which... is not... respectful...
to... 'The Power'... of... above...
to control...
my life... improves...
when... your nature... is... of... a loving resource... it is... walked over... by less...
this... is... the down fall... of... man...
to... go back... to... the statement...
im... no... better... than... the next...
sorry... wishfulspirit...i... can... go... on... and... on...:rolleyes:
much respectful... wishes... to you...
softwhisper(xxhugsxxx)

T

Tim Norman

It most certainly matters. In my opinion, this problem is of technological origin and most certainly a tool designed for financial gain and control at/in all sectors of society.

Not for all people...but a large percentage of individuals hearing voices.

Returncc

Returncc

Every voice hearer knows that the channel cannot be used for financial gain, God is a major despot, but his army of darkness keeps us all down, not just the divine. All real voice hearers who engage their voices and recognize our small but physical supremacy end up with centralized information to control the appetite of these dark cousins. what bothers me is how "buster" voices trick and flip information against what is all-good!!! How do you avoid people who cooperate with evil voices when they pretend they cant hear them or dont even know they cooperate with sinister evil anyway. ?? How much of our world is run by "buster" voices. Voices are from hell, and hell is trying to rule us, and prevent god advice from ruling them. Is harming perception and then people so f**king important??? God I hate the voices, however i do agree that they are going after all sources of income to make the world an all grey economic insurgency, and this after not using those concentration camps built in the USA.

T

Tim Norman

I don't think God has anything to do with it. :p It is the evil of mankind.

Why is it so hard for people to believe that men, who have studied and designed (for over 40 years), technology that allows for manipulation of the mind.... technology that progressed to the projection/insertion of voice and thought ?

The brain works like a computer. This computer (like any) functions and makes decisions based on a code..

"Deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA) is a nucleic acid that contains the genetic instructions used in the development and functioning of all known living organisms and some viruses. The main role of DNA molecules is the long-term storage of information. DNA is often compared to a set of blueprints or a recipe, or a code, since it contains the instructions needed to construct other components of cells, such as proteins and RNA molecules. The DNA segments that carry this genetic information are called genes, but other DNA sequences have structural purposes, or are involved in regulating the use of this genetic information."

A person has an individual biological frequency or resonance that is determined by this code. The genetic code can be decoded, as we are seeing with the human genome project.

http://www.ornl.gov/sci/techresources/Human_Genome/home.shtml

Perhaps part of our DNA acts as a "crystal," such as those you find in a servo and receiver. The servo and receiver each contain a crystal that communicate at a specific frequency on the electromagnetic spectrum. This allows the receiver to control/manipulate the action of the servo.

I could try to explain myself better.... and will as I understand more. With only 2.5 years of post secondary education... i find it hard to explain this type of thing.

Do you at least see where I am going here >?

R

rabina

Hi Tim,

I agree with your statement that God has nothing to do with it; that being "any" evil.

Mankind is responsible for much of the evils of the world.
But, what other unknown, unseen darknesses are present?
Sometimes I think we "think" too much and sometimes I think ignorance is bliss if one can honestly live in ignorance or not
be open to other possiblities for unnatural, unexplained intrusions.

So, I for one rely on simplicity and focusing beyond the voice at certain times in order to maintain some normalcy in life.

rabina