• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

does this make sense? low dose of seraquel

J

Johntron9999

i was prescribed 25mg of seraquel in addition to the 40mg of celexa i currently take to help with anxiety and depression. but isnt 25mg barley anything when it comes to seraquel?? seems like its an extremly low dose of it and i dont notice any drowsiness at all

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
It is a very low dose but they may want to build it up slowly. I was on the max dose for a couple of years 800mg then 650mg for a further 5 years till finally coming off it due to health reasons. You need regular blood tests liver and glucosewith this as it can lead to diabetes (which i now have) but other than that i did not have any psychosis

J

Johntron9999

i dont think ill notice anything at such a low dose. the pysch didnt talk about any plans to up the dose either..... ive been relying on only celexa for years with no real relief. it might work 25 percent if im lucky

UpnDwn1978

UpnDwn1978

Forum Guide
I also started at 25mg and I felt the effects immediately. I quickly increased the dosage over a couple of months and now I take between 50-300mg as needed.

J

JCPraha

25 mg is a very low dose of Seroquel. I take 200 mg which is still considered a low dose. I believe people can take up to 800 mg. Maybe they gave you 25 mg to help with sleep. I am not sure. But it is definitely a very low dose.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
E Does depression make you say things you don’t mean to the people closest to you? Depression Forum 6
G How to deal with a partner that does not understand mental issues? Depression Forum 1
MeAndMyDepression Does anyone else suffer from bipolar depression? Depression Forum 9
I What Does Loneliness Do To You? Depression Forum 25
A does anyone else think they are really boring Depression Forum 17
G Why does life hate me? Depression Forum 5
L does someone want to chat about SSRIs and failing meds? Depression Forum 5
I Why does it always happen when I’m upset? Depression Forum 3
DistantOcean What depression does to me Depression Forum 1
L If I Don't Believe I'll Ever Be Happy, Does That Guarantee I Won't? Depression Forum 41
J does exercise really help moderate to servere depression? Depression Forum 28
S Does mindfulness meditation helps to overcome panic attacks? Depression Forum 9
M Does any of you have just null days ? Depression Forum 5
BLUESTAR009 If a person has one month of chronic depression does that age the face or is that not enough time to do aging damage? Depression Forum 5
Carol1952 Feeling so depressed why does this have to happen to us? Depression Forum 12
S Does anyone know why antidepressants only seem to work for me some of the time? Depression Forum 18
G Does anyone else feel like this? Depression Forum 2
D Why does my close friend with depression shut me out - but keeps other people? Depression Forum 8
O Does Depression ever go away? Depression Forum 2
H Does anyone know how to manage triggers?? Depression Forum 4
E Trying To Make Sense Of Suicidal Thoughts Depression Forum 12
shy guy Low motivation Depression Forum 7
P HELLO EVERYONE FEELING SO LOW AND VERY CONFUSED IT DRIVING ME CRAZY 🤪 Depression Forum 10
jajingna Low mood for a few days Depression Forum 17
H At a pretty low point! Depression Forum 14
OCDguy Depression and low self-esteem Depression Forum 9
L Feeling really low Depression Forum 2
jajingna Maybe it's low-grade depression... Depression Forum 4
K Advice when feeling low Depression Forum 26
E Low self worth today. Depression Forum 6
JustinS1998 Low Self-Esteem Depression Forum 9
Blooming What tools do you usually use to keep your depression as low as possible? Depression Forum 5
I Feeling low Depression Forum 4
D Feeling Low Depression Forum 5
A when you're feeling low and someone asks you how you are, Depression Forum 11