• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

does this ever happen to you

V

VideoGamer_1

Do you ever black out and your mouth keeps talking but you are not controlling it. I gave a speech one time and I blacked out and when I was done with it I came back to.

G

Grubelnsucht

I’ve never heard of that as a symptom of OCD, but I know some people “sleepwalk” for various reasons. My kid had this: she would actually walk around and do things and have one-sided conversations. When she “woke up” she wouldn’t remember doing any of it.

V

VideoGamer_1

I’ve never heard of that as a symptom of OCD, but I know some people “sleepwalk” for various reasons. My kid had this: she would actually walk around and do things and have one-sided conversations. When she “woke up” she wouldn’t remember doing any of it.
Awesome to hear this point of view. I never have related sleep walking and these symptoms. Something I will talk with my physiologist about.

Finite

Finite

@VideoGamer_1 I'm not sure if the experience's I've had like this are similar or not, but I can be talking to a person, usually when it's a stressful situation and some how I leave the present moment, only to come back at some later point and not have a clue what I said to them.

I have also had the reverse, where by I am talking in response to a question for example, it feels like I'm talking, I can hear myself talking, but the person I am talking to just looks at me oddly and repeats the same question over and over, until I run away.

V

VideoGamer_1

@VideoGamer_1 I'm not sure if the experience's I've had like this are similar or not, but I can be talking to a person, usually when it's a stressful situation and some how I leave the present moment, only to come back at some later point and not have a clue what I said to them.

I have also had the reverse, where by I am talking in response to a question for example, it feels like I'm talking, I can hear myself talking, but the person I am talking to just looks at me oddly and repeats the same question over and over, until I run away.
The first I totally get the second I am following you and probably have had the same experience just cant remember an example.
The first one happens to me all the time just on a few occasions ill black out for a short period of time and sometimes ill be cognitive but not controlling the words coming out. Ill say words that I don't even know I knew. On one occasion I even looked up the word that I said because I was unsure of what it ment. Its like the part of me that can access the whole brain is in control.