• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Does this count?

N

Nico

Does an ed because you want to punish yourself count as an ed? I'm not interested in losing weight, I just feel like I don't deserve food.

P

Purpleplum

Well why do you want it to "count" as an eating disorder? Is that going to give you some kind of reasoning for it?

It sounds like you're wanting to have an eating disorder.

N

Nico

Seems like i didn't explain myself properly, I want to know whether I'm exaggerating or if I actually need to tell someone about it. As in to get help.

E

emd2033

Hi Nico, I had this as well. At first it was about the weight, and then it was about wanting to punish myself, and I used my ED behaviours in lots of ways for this. And then it kind of went back to the fear of weight gain thing. It was confusing, but I would still call that an eating disorder. I got help for it and now on my way to recovery.

N

Nico

Hi Nico, I had this as well. At first it was about the weight, and then it was about wanting to punish myself, and I used my ED behaviours in lots of ways for this. And then it kind of went back to the fear of weight gain thing. It was confusing, but I would still call that an eating disorder. I got help for it and now on my way to recovery.
Thank you very much.