• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Does the voices you hear always say the same thing to you or does it change depending on how you are?

E

emmaleemochizuki

Generally when I am stable, the voice I hear is like having a friend, we just have random conversations, he calls out my name, shouts sometimes, comment on what I do/think etc but nothing too bad.

However especially when I am depressed the voice gets really derogatory and I get consumed more quickly.

What are your experiences like?

Hello513

Hello513

My billion dollar high tech malibu mansion
Generally when I am stable, the voice I hear is like having a friend, we just have random conversations, he calls out my name, shouts sometimes, comment on what I do/think etc but nothing too bad.

However especially when I am depressed the voice gets really derogatory and I get consumed more quickly.

Somewhat similar to you. I try not to forget how evil that voice can be, but not constantly let hate consume me. Mostl likely its just another part of me struggling to make sense of it all just like me. It can repeat some of the stupidest phrases, but it also does have some original comments at times.

L

llittlelostlady

mine are peskie...they say they follow my mental status around but sometimes get it wrong...fair enough I am autistic and my emotions don't work quite like an NT (neurotypical).

Many times they are funny and interesting and I love them to bits but sometimes they drive me nuts. They keep on and about self hatred and worthlessness and this is a belief system I do not posess.

in fact ive a good mind to start a war against society for holding such nonsense beliefs...no living soul is worthless, not to me, not ever.....

I argue with my voices a lot

I call them tits when they set off on one...tits tits tits.....

they just said 'oh feck off'

Ok then.....

tell your voices to tit off if they get too offensive but remember how special they are...precious little peskies.

L

llittlelostlady

They are more than my best friend, i love them...

But god they do my head in sometimes.

W

wellness

I have found that the Voices that I have can be extremely repetitious -- they keep repeating the same phrases over and over again and can just go on repeating .... Like I call this one Voice that it is Mad and it will burst into a repetitious song "I am not mad, I am not mad, I am not mad ...."
Looks like this Voice has invented a cure for mental illness, repeat a few dozen times you are NOT ill and you'll just be fine LOL !!

Bluejay7500

Bluejay7500

I have voices that trigger parts of my mental illnesses. I always thought addiction and things we put in our bodies would effect me but now I just hear the voices everyday. They say such awful things about me sometimes I wish it would just stop. Like maybe one day they’ll mature enough to leave me alone. But right now the only thing stopping them is my medications

🔹

Z

Zuiese

Thank You, for this very clear & concise description of what it's like to live with VH/EH and yes my experience is pretty much the same, I am under the impression that mine network slyly behind my back in order to have me mobbed or emotionally affected, this would be their shared goal.