Does the medication song and dance ever end?

S

SpartanDawg

Man, has this been frustrating.

750mg Depakote and 1250mg Seroquel.

That is too much.

No Depakote, drop the Seroquel, let's add in some Triletptal twice a day.

Trileptal twice day is too much, OK, take it once before bed.

I understand it is trial and error for each person to find the right mix, but damn.

These are the only three drugs my wife has been prescribed so far.

Anyone diagnosed as Manic/Bi-Polar tried anything else that worked?

I have looked online and seen good posts about Zyprexa, but it turns you into the Michelin Man with weight gain.

Thoughts on Lithium?

Any thoughts on supplements? Read some good posts B-12 helps.

Just trying to help my Wife find her path to feeling well again.

M

magicman2002

Depakote has stopped my hypomania episodes but it has not really done much for the depression side as I still get depressed. They have me on an anti depressant aswell but I think that is as much use as a chocolate fire guard

Grape

Grape

omega 3 fish oils are a good supplement for mood disorders.

megirl

megirl

Its can be wam yep they got it right then for some it takes a bit of juggling here and there. I think lithium is the gold standard cheap and guess the mainstream drug of choice (guess the cheaper the better)
Then i think there is epilim here anyway, then they decide what to do from there. Antidepressant that works can take some time but hey they do get it pretty right but sometimes it takes a while and it is worth the wait
its a journey

B

Blankbox

I have been on over 15 different medications over the past few years to treat anxiety. They nearly killed me as some caused heart issues. Now free of all meds and the same problems are still there, the difference now is that I'm not zombified and can face things head on

D

deema7

I used to take 3 of depakine chrono and 2 lithium and I was very fine with that for a year ,then I have reduced them to 2 depakine chrono and 1 lithium and I am fine so far ,thanks to god ,also check her thyroid hormone,I pray for your wife to get better <3

Last edited: