Does smoking make you age/stunt your growth?

H

Hydrophobia

I know this might sound like a stupid question, but I’ve heard some people say that even though they smoke they don’t age a lot. I had my first cigarette when I was 15 and started becoming a chain smoker at 15 or 16. I’m 21 now and I look like I’ve aged like Macaulay Culkin. My cheeks are sunken in, you can see my eye sockets/cheekbones bulge out, I look pretty rough at this age. I’m trying the face rubbing detox to reduce aging and so far so good. I’ve also heard from somebody else that they started smoking around my same age and are about the same height as me. Does this happen to everybody or only to certain people when they smoke? I used to smoke 1 to 3 packs a day, but because of how badly I was aging, I’m deciding to reduce that to only 4 cigarettes a day, if not, outright quit. I’ve got a Juul/Pod, and so far so good. Anyone?

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
In medical journals I hear that it stunts your growth but I think that can be if a mother smokes while pregnant. Im not sure if is the same if your mother doesn’t smoke but you do. I think it absolutely knacks your skin tho, the chemicals that you put into your body are including arsenic and formaldehyde apparently there are 250 poisonous and 70 carcinogenic in each cigarette. Why they are legal I don’t know? Can you imagine buying a bottle of pop with that in!!

I think they really do age you . I used to smoke but managed to stop 30 years ago and it was hard. But my sister only recently stopped . She’s three years older than me and has been mistaken for my mother on more than one occasion.

I don’t think any amount of creams and lotions can stop the smoke lines appearing but can lessen them to a degree

H

Hydrophobia

In medical journals I hear that it stunts your growth but I think that can be if a mother smokes while pregnant. Im not sure if is the same if your mother doesn’t smoke but you do. I think it absolutely knacks your skin tho, the chemicals that you put into your body are including arsenic and formaldehyde apparently there are 250 poisonous and 70 carcinogenic in each cigarette. Why they are legal I don’t know? Can you imagine buying a bottle of pop with that in!!

I think they really do age you . I used to smoke but managed to stop 30 years ago and it was hard. But my sister only recently stopped . She’s three years older than me and has been mistaken for my mother on more than one occasion.

I don’t think any amount of creams and lotions can stop the smoke lines appearing but can lessen them to a degree
Actually, I think it’s not even just the chemicals that are put into cigarettes that cause the aging, but rather it’s the smoke itself that does mostly. In fact, any smoke can cause aging or tar in your lungs, I believe. I even heard that breathing in a bonfire can leave tar residue in your lungs.