• Safety Notice: This section on Psychiatric Drugs/Medications enables people to share their personal experiences of using such drugs/medications. Always seek the advice of your doctor, psychiatrist or other qualified health professional before making any changes to your medications or with any questions you may have regarding drugs/medications. In considering coming off psychiatric drugs it is very important that you are aware that most psychiatric drugs can cause withdrawal reactions, sometimes including life-threatening emotional and physical withdrawal problems. In short, it is not only dangerous to start taking psychiatric drugs, it can also be dangerous to stop them. Withdrawal from psychiatric drugs should only be done carefully under experienced clinical supervision.

Does Restleness Go Away Eventually?

albie

albie

Both my meds cause weight gain. I've tried drugs that cause restlessness and found it horrible. One guy told me the restlessness goes away eventually?

True?

J

Jules5

I have insomnia along with other mental disorders. I am very restless-nonstop. It use to be just in the daytime-moving around constantly. Now my nights our horrible. Up down and up
down .......! My doctor wants to put me on sleep medications, but I do not breathe right all the time always grasping for air-so I am not going on them.

SO, my advice if your restlessness does stop within a month or so it will probably not get better due to medications. Most all anti psychotic meds will make you restless. Not sure what meds you are on.

Oh and I also know when something is bothering me I am up most of the night. Which has nothing to do with the meds.

This is my side of the story with Restlessness

Bizzarebitrary

Bizzarebitrary

Restless means a lot of things to me. I suffered RLS for a while and eventually it went away seemingly on it's own. Another type of restlessness was aggressive and I asked to be taken off the medication I was on because it endangered me and others.

albie

albie

I did not make myself clear. I am not restless as of now. I meant to ask if the side effect of restleness from some meds goes away.

Sorry.

Bizzarebitrary

Bizzarebitrary

In most cases in my experience it does. So I think it's okay to give it time without wondering if you suffer needlessly.

albie

albie

It's just so horrible, restlessness. I've taken meds that cause it before. Truly awful. But I think my current meds aren't working.

nomask

nomask

I had akathisia (restlessness) with quite a few meds and it never went away. Once tried it for a week. Couldn't do it. Miserable. For some people it might, though I've never heard of it going away. Some people can keep the side effect at bay with Propranolol, but as far as I know people who get it bad don't find any remedy other than stopping the medication.

J

Jules5

I agree with you nomask, restlessness has not went away for me. I am up and down up and down all the time. I think underneath all this is a stress problem that I am not dealing with. Yeah my life although quiet is stressful because of my mind setup.

I have a million things I think I need to be doing and not one of them gets done so I become restless. Yet out of the millions of things to do nothing is really that important to keep me like this.

Stress free life and the restlessness will go away? Hugs