• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Does mindfulness meditation helps to overcome panic attacks?

S

saha

Hello,
Due to some office politics I was in very bad bad situation . everybody was gossiping about me in office cause there were some rumor spread by my senior about me . It was a terrible situation for me . I was so humiliated that I was afraid and I felt panic attacks very frequently . Then I stopped talking to anybody in my office . I felt that whenever someone is talking they are gossiping about me but they are not . I was afraid of people . Due to covid-19 I'm working from home but if I start going to office I will feel same . I will get panic attacks . What should I do? Do I start practicing mindfulness meditation to overcome this ?? If so then how long and for how many days?

W

Wanttofeelpeace5

the more you do it the better it becomes and remember to do it when you are feeling good as well . good luck ... sounds like you were bullied at work which can cause PTSD.

calypso

calypso

Admin
You need to practise Mindfulness every day at first until it becomes second nature to you. Its not a quick fix but takes practise and effort as you probably know. I think its really worth it though and nowadays it helps me immensely get through the day. I don't have to actively work on it as I can switch it on quite quickly.

We have a very brief intro to it on here if you would like to look at that.

T

treasurebox

Yes mindful meditation works. Remember that gossip about you is not permanent. Someday it will stop. So, just don't mind them. Just ignore those the gossip. Go on with your life and create happy moments.

S

saha

the more you do it the better it becomes and remember to do it when you are feeling good as well . good luck ... sounds like you were bullied at work which can cause PTSD.
Yes I was . If I tell you my situation you won't even believe me . I mean the situation was sooo bad that if I complain to HR department they will loose their job . I reported it to my reporting manager but I don't know what happened after that . That person is still working in my office .

S

saha

You need to practise Mindfulness every day at first until it becomes second nature to you. Its not a quick fix but takes practise and effort as you probably know. I think its really worth it though and nowadays it helps me immensely get through the day. I don't have to actively work on it as I can switch it on quite quickly.

We have a very brief intro to it on here if you would like to look at that.

Thank you for your support . I will definitely start meditation .

S

saha

Yes mindful meditation works. Remember that gossip about you is not permanent. Someday it will stop. So, just don't mind them. Just ignore those the gossip. Go on with your life and create happy moments.
Thank you for your support :) . I was in very very bad shape that I have to consult Dr and took medicine for this but it shuts my mind . I feel very sleepy all the time . So I am not taking it right now . I want to cure myself and be free , enjoy my life . So I am trying meditation . I will share my painful experience here with every one . So that everybody can take lesson from it and know the pattern of panic attacks . Thank you :)

Z

Zoe1

mindfulness and relaxation classes in treatment
was a big part of my getting better

:loveshower: :loveshower: :loveshower: :loveshower: :loveshower: :loveshower:

S

saha

mindfulness and relaxation classes in treatment
was a big part of my getting better

:loveshower: :loveshower: :loveshower: :loveshower: :loveshower: :loveshower:
Thank you for your support :) .. I will share my progress with everybody . So that no one should go through that pain alone . Thanks

N

Nukelavee

Mindfulness is my main thing for dealing with anxiety. As Calypso said, it takes practice, but, after a while, it becomes second nature. sometimes it's more effort, sometimes less, for me.