• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Does life feel like it is getting continuously worse?

PerpetuallyStuck

PerpetuallyStuck

ACCOUNT CLOSED
It is like life really screws me over, no matter how much I want it to change, there are people and situations that just irritate the life out of me. No matter what, things seem to get worse. It feels like there will never be improvement. Nobody is willing to say or do anything to help me, and it seems that other people get help and support straight away. It is like different rules. I know I'm not the only person who suffers, but it feels like there is more and more of a burden to endure, it weighs me down. More to worry about, be frustrated about. There is just silence. Nobody genuinely cares. I have to put up with what life throws at me, and just take all the damage.

What could I possibly do? It's like living in check mate.

P

Princess Zelda

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I understand exactly how you feel. I try to remind myself that there's always a solution. I think during moments like this, it's important for us to take care of ourselves like how we would care of a friend. I always tell others to treat themselves with kindness. I guess we all have to try to be our own best friend.

I do think there are people who care. It's possible for others to care and try to help.

PerpetuallyStuck

PerpetuallyStuck

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I understand exactly how you feel. I try to remind myself that there's always a solution. I think during moments like this, it's important for us to take care of ourselves like how we would care of a friend. I always tell others to treat themselves with kindness. I guess we all have to try to be our own best friend.

I do think there are people who care. It's possible for others to care and try to help.
The trouble is that I feel like a lack of genuine connection from the majority of people. No matter how close, they will be half hearted in their "support". They aren't willing to do much to show it. I am stuck. I am expected to venture out as if I have no fear, and somehow forge a life and be the life of the party. All I ever seem to meet is people who are full of apathy, or just don't understand my personality. I do treat others with a lot of support and understanding, but it feels like I give more than I receive. I can't stand the situation I am in. I'd like more freedom and respect.

There are always other people that they are excited about, but with me I'm overlooked and undervalued. I try to keep positive......but it gets me down continuously.

P

Princess Zelda

ACCOUNT CLOSED
The trouble is that I feel like a lack of genuine connection from the majority of people. No matter how close, they will be half hearted in their "support". They aren't willing to do much to show it. I am stuck. I am expected to venture out as if I have no fear, and somehow forge a life and be the life of the party. All I ever seem to meet is people who are full of apathy, or just don't understand my personality. I do treat others with a lot of support and understanding, but it feels like I give more than I receive. I can't stand the situation I am in. I'd like more freedom and respect.
Yeah I see what you mean. I have trouble making friends because of this. When it comes to getting along with others, I usually think they won't be able to understand me. I also feel like a lot of people seem to show no interest. But I guess that's because they're involved with their own lives. Maybe they also feel like I don't understand them. I'm not sure.

Do you have friends or family you can talk to? I talk to my parents and friend a lot, and they really understand me which I'm really happy about. I think that good things in life happen at the most unexpected times. If you feel alone, there's something good that can happen and you might end up meeting someone who understands you completely and accepts you for who you are.

PerpetuallyStuck

PerpetuallyStuck

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Do you have friends or family you can talk to? I talk to my parents and friend a lot, and they really understand me which I'm really happy about. I think that good things in life happen at the most unexpected times. If you feel alone, there's something good that can happen and you might end up meeting someone who understands you completely and accepts you for who you are.
Yeah, and they show next to no interest in talking about me. They are really interested in everyone else's lives, but the moment I want to talk about something I'm interested in, they basically switch off, or change the subject. It's like I'm not interesting enough or worthy because I have no social life, so they don't want to hear it.

I've wanted to meet people who understand me and accept me for who I am. I'm still waiting. That's part of the reason I'm so frustrated. I wish I could have a run of good luck.

P

Princess Zelda

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Yeah, and they show next to no interest in talking about me. They are really interested in everyone else's lives, but the moment I want to talk about something I'm interested in, they basically switch off, or change the subject. It's like I'm not interesting enough or worthy because I have no social life, so they don't want to hear it.

I've wanted to meet people who understand me and accept me for who I am. I'm still waiting. That's part of the reason I'm so frustrated. I wish I could have a run of good luck.
I'm sorry about that. I know what it's like to feel isolated from others. I hide myself from others a lot, but when I try to fit in most people still find me awkward and I remain an outsider.
But I did meet a lot of very nice people on this forum. So maybe you'll also be able to make some friends here.