• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Does it sound like i have bi polar?

T

Tom2020

So far, I know I have OCD (my germ issue), but there is another problem that I have and I have no idea what it is. Can it be Bi polar?

1. I get angry easily... Very angry 2. I do not like the authority or anyone telling me what to do. 3. I sometimes have breathing issues and dizzy when I get panicky 4. My moods shift from angry to sad to happy. 5. Paranoid sometimes with people (not extreme, but do not trust anyone). 6. I am almost 30 in 2 years, so I feel depressed thinking about it knowing I did not achieve my financial goals. And feel worthless if I am still broke in two years. 7. Restless thoughts (although not sure if that is my OCD). 8. I have breakdowns sometimes screaming at my loved ones and friends. It starts with rage inside and I explode with words, not physical violence. I feel like a pot of tea cooking and boom. But this is when they do things to cross me. I have never physically hurt anyone. I punched walls, objects, never people. I would never allow myself to hurt anyone. That is not me.

what is wrong with me?

T

Tom2020

More: Reading through the bi polar section, I see people feel restless with life. I also feel that way all the time. I get irritated a lot, also. And I do not know if this is connected, but i have severe sleeping problems. I sleep very little or sleep a lot. Sometimes I do not sleep. I once went months sleeping 3-4 nights a week. Thank you for answering.

Zero One

Zero One

I have Bipolar I, I have really bad anger and I have hurt people...some of this hurt I really regret and feel traumatized by it when I am in more normal states and having flashbacks..I also have PTSD and Schizoaffective Disorder. One of my anti-psychotics is also used for bipolar and my doctor doubled it when I started having anger issues again.

From what you describe it seems like you may have something aside from bipolar going on but the shifts in mood remind me of myself and I think that has to do with bipolar....you may have more than just one thing going on.

JessisMe

JessisMe

Hello! To me Bipolar represents a swing between low, depressed energy and higher energy. During lower periods people often struggle with long periods of depression where they can oversleep, etc... During elevated periods of mania people can sleep very little and participate in the following types of things:

Demonstrate rushed speech
Start many projects
Come up with lots or creative ideas for things
Become highly productive
Develop feelings of grandeur
Become extra sociable
Become highly sexual
Irritability

In what you lost I can see where lack of sleep and aggression (irritability?) could be signs that you have bipolar. However to me those could be explained by other things. As for feeling restless in life that could also be a symptom of mania but that could also be attributed to other things. I would see if you have any other symptoms to get a better sense of direction as far as self diagnosis goes. Ultimately, of course, visiting a counselor or a psychiatrist to help you with a formal diagnosis would be best. xo, j

P

Prycejosh1987

The best thing to do is see a doctor about it.