• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Does it sound like i have bi polar?

T

Tom2020

So far, I know I have OCD (my germ issue), but there is another problem that I have and I have no idea what it is. Can it be Bi polar?

1. I get angry easily... Very angry 2. I do not like the authority or anyone telling me what to do. 3. I sometimes have breathing issues and dizzy when I get panicky 4. My moods shift from angry to sad to happy. 5. Paranoid sometimes with people (not extreme, but do not trust anyone). 6. I am almost 30 in 2 years, so I feel depressed thinking about it knowing I did not achieve my financial goals. And feel worthless if I am still broke in two years. 7. Restless thoughts (although not sure if that is my OCD). 8. I have breakdowns sometimes screaming at my loved ones and friends. It starts with rage inside and I explode with words, not physical violence. I feel like a pot of tea cooking and boom. But this is when they do things to cross me. I have never physically hurt anyone. I punched walls, objects, never people. I would never allow myself to hurt anyone. That is not me.

what is wrong with me?

T

Tom2020

More: Reading through the bi polar section, I see people feel restless with life. I also feel that way all the time. I get irritated a lot, also. And I do not know if this is connected, but i have severe sleeping problems. I sleep very little or sleep a lot. Sometimes I do not sleep. I once went months sleeping 3-4 nights a week. Thank you for answering.

Zero One

Zero One

I have Bipolar I, I have really bad anger and I have hurt people...some of this hurt I really regret and feel traumatized by it when I am in more normal states and having flashbacks..I also have PTSD and Schizoaffective Disorder. One of my anti-psychotics is also used for bipolar and my doctor doubled it when I started having anger issues again.

From what you describe it seems like you may have something aside from bipolar going on but the shifts in mood remind me of myself and I think that has to do with bipolar....you may have more than just one thing going on.

JessisMe

JessisMe

Hello! To me Bipolar represents a swing between low, depressed energy and higher energy. During lower periods people often struggle with long periods of depression where they can oversleep, etc... During elevated periods of mania people can sleep very little and participate in the following types of things:

Demonstrate rushed speech
Start many projects
Come up with lots or creative ideas for things
Become highly productive
Develop feelings of grandeur
Become extra sociable
Become highly sexual
Irritability

In what you lost I can see where lack of sleep and aggression (irritability?) could be signs that you have bipolar. However to me those could be explained by other things. As for feeling restless in life that could also be a symptom of mania but that could also be attributed to other things. I would see if you have any other symptoms to get a better sense of direction as far as self diagnosis goes. Ultimately, of course, visiting a counselor or a psychiatrist to help you with a formal diagnosis would be best. xo, j

P

Prycejosh1987

The best thing to do is see a doctor about it.

F

Failing Heart

So far, I know I have OCD (my germ issue), but there is another problem that I have and I have no idea what it is. Can it be Bi polar?

1. I get angry easily... Very angry 2. I do not like the authority or anyone telling me what to do. 3. I sometimes have breathing issues and dizzy when I get panicky 4. My moods shift from angry to sad to happy. 5. Paranoid sometimes with people (not extreme, but do not trust anyone). 6. I am almost 30 in 2 years, so I feel depressed thinking about it knowing I did not achieve my financial goals. And feel worthless if I am still broke in two years. 7. Restless thoughts (although not sure if that is my OCD). 8. I have breakdowns sometimes screaming at my loved ones and friends. It starts with rage inside and I explode with words, not physical violence. I feel like a pot of tea cooking and boom. But this is when they do things to cross me. I have never physically hurt anyone. I punched walls, objects, never people. I would never allow myself to hurt anyone. That is not me.

what is wrong with me?
When you have one mental disorder....it makes it very likely that there is more than one thing going on...which of course makes it really hard to diagnose. Find a dr that will focus less on naming the disorder and more on treating your symptoms. I am Bipolar 2, ADHD and have some borderline sysmptoms as well. One of the hardest things for me when I was trying to diagnose myself… Was deciphering what the symptoms you read about online actually mean. Like pressured speech for Instance... I didn’t think that was something I experienced bc I thought “I love to talk, I don’t feel pressured to”... later realized it just means you talk A LOT and can’t seem to shut up even when you know you should (which is me to a T). Anyway, I definitely also experience what you are talking about with rage boiling up Inside and exploding with words. I also dislike authority...especially if I’m micro managed at my job. Those are bipolar symptoms that don’t overlap with symptoms of my other conditions.

F

Failing Heart

what is wrong with me?
I also get depressed easily and have restless thoughts. Sometimes I can’t sleep because my mind is racing...sometimes with creative thoughts, or all the things on my schedule the next day. I’d make a list of symptoms and keep a journal of when you experience them. Another hallmark way to mail it down to bipolar is to see if you experience at least 4 symptoms all at the same time.

G

Garnia

Yes, it sounds like you could have bipolar disorder. You should see a psychiatrist and get a professional opinion. Sometimes medicine can change your entire life!

I

indescriminatename

I dont get angry because of something. I get angry out of the blue. I dont think the emotions are usually bought on because of circumstance I think the just come out of the blue