• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Does it ever get better?

A

Alienated

Sorry you feel that way right now, but somedays are better than others. Can you make plans to do something you enjoy ?

ScaredCat

ScaredCat

Thankyou Alienated.

Cant see anything when I like this. All i can see is how long it has been going on for and i do try but still go in circles. Cant keep doing this. I dont enjoy anything tbh

A

Alienated

I understand that feeling, I havent done anything for weeks. And the thought of even going to the doctor tomorrow is freaking me out.

ScaredCat

ScaredCat

Have even let down my dog today cos didnt take him out this afternoon. And he is only reason I still here. If i let him down that is it. He be better off without me

Mister.B

Mister.B

Have even let down my dog today cos didnt take him out this afternoon. And he is only reason I still here. If i let him down that is it. He be better off without me
Nah, your dog loves you unconditionally.
That's the good thing about dogs.
He would be heartbroken without you.

Be kind to yourself. :hug:

MarlieeB

ACCOUNT CLOSED
You may not see it now. There has been a lot of times that I haven't seen it but you will. I know how corny it sounds but there is a light at the end of the tunnel, even if it's a little sparkle at the moment.

I'm sorry that you are struggling so, so much. I wish I could make it better for you.

Keep holding on please.

Also your Dog will love you no matter what.

:hug5:

xxx

mami5

mami5

Please continue to believe SC. It does get better. Maybe the good days are very few and far between, but they are there. We can never give up hope. Without hope we have nothing. You'll be able to take your dog again I'm sure. Today is just a blip. :hug:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

It can get better.:hug1:
I know you probably don't believe me, and that's ok.

The part of you that's saying it will never improve is the depression. It's part of the illness to feel like there's no point in the future. But one day you'll get through the whole day and it won't hurt. xx

Q

Quickduck

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I know sometimes it can feel like we're going in cicles, but each day you struggle against your illness is a victory for you. Hang in there ScaredCat. :hug:
You haven't let anyone down, least of all your doggy; you want so much to be well and try your hardest each and every day to make it happen; and one day soon, very soon it will; you'll turn a corner and find yourself where you want to be. Don't give up, things can get better for you. :hug:

Sen

Sen

I wish that I could say that it did get better,but I'm very pessimistic about things.

pepecat

pepecat

It does get better, in my opinion. It may take months, or years (if you're me!) but it do get better.
I was really quite unwell for about 4 or 5 months- the 'acute' stage, if you like. Then after that it's been a gradual improvement. It's taken years, but it's definitely improved.
Sometimes you just gotta sit it out and wait and be patient with yourself. It's hard, because all we want is for the pain to stop and not keep living through each agonising day, but if you can hang in there, it does improve.

ScaredCat

ScaredCat

It does get better, in my opinion. It may take months, or years (if you're me!) but it do get better.
I was really quite unwell for about 4 or 5 months- the 'acute' stage, if you like. Then after that it's been a gradual improvement. It's taken years, but it's definitely improved.
Sometimes you just gotta sit it out and wait and be patient with yourself. It's hard, because all we want is for the pain to stop and not keep living through each agonising day, but if you can hang in there, it does improve.
yes is years for me too. Just need it to end