• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

does depression start in the genitalia?

Mr.NiceGuy

Mr.NiceGuy

Love, lonliness, and depression seem to all come from sex drive or your genitalia. The pain can travel up into your stomach as sort of a bored holding your stomach feeling or into your heart and cheast as pain. It puts a pulling down on your balance system that attracts you to lie down. Previous attempts to show how funny to the world you are in your head and they should love you, always fail, the same expectations you have now for your next relationship. Having to be forced to learn who we are socially by others cruelty gives us responses of negativity in our thoughts to enjoy life going out. That you forbid yourself to go with certain people based on comparison characteristics is apart of grandeur. A lot of people are abused into being quiet by a parent which is why they turn to isolation and avoid people for made up reasons they follow like a book.

PerpetuallyStuck

PerpetuallyStuck

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Love, lonliness, and depression seem to all come from sex drive or your genitalia.
I think that has something to do with my anxiety. I can't help but feel overwhelmed in society. Most people seem to be able to function around people they find sexually attractive. I mean, I would never do anything to harm anyone, but it is tough always being eager and interested.

Passionflower

Passionflower

Ever since I have been on meds I have had a non existent sex drive and I do think that it coincides with periods of depression. I have lost that spark that I had. I am female by the way if that makes any difference.

Mr.NiceGuy

Mr.NiceGuy

I think that has something to do with my anxiety. I can't help but feel overwhelmed in society. Most people seem to be able to function around people they find sexually attractive. I mean, I would never do anything to harm anyone, but it is tough always being eager and interested.
This is what I was saying that love strarts at attractiveness usually seeing with your eyes someone outside you're attracted to. The longer you stare at them the more connection you might feel. then love turns to depression and disappointment. Love is sort of a sowerful experience if you are a shy person. Seems like the loud annoying types are the one's who get the girls, the one's with the fanncyiest cars and what. Of course when your wealthy you can take care of a second person more which is what women want.

L

Lab rat

For me, yes. But the meds have nuked my sex drive, so it’s not really a problem

LizBo

LizBo

Hey @Mr.NiceGuy; @PerpetuallyStuck and @Passionflower

I used to be an outgoing, laugh a minute extravert and sex was something I took for granted. My last relationship (mentally/emotionally abusive - withholding sex as a powerplay) put the kybosh on that so now I get anxiety/panic when the mere thought of intimacy or sex comes to mind. Even dreaming about it wakes me up from a deep sleep.

I truly feel for us all.
Liz

Mr.NiceGuy

Mr.NiceGuy

Hey @Mr.NiceGuy; @PerpetuallyStuck and @Passionflower

I used to be an outgoing, laugh a minute extravert and sex was something I took for granted. My last relationship (mentally/emotionally abusive - withholding sex as a powerplay) put the kybosh on that so now I get anxiety/panic when the mere thought of intimacy or sex comes to mind. Even dreaming about it wakes me up from a deep sleep.

I truly feel for us all.
Liz
huh that's a lot different then my reality. What I want to do is come up with some simple methods to cure depression. The most happy in life seems to be when you and someone match up mentally on some level your opinions on music or art are similar. Finding someone that inspires you to conversate. Since its your will to be loved though your entertainment is dependent on how you set it up for others. This is hard for me. I do a lot of sitting around during the year biding my time with involuntary boughts of rabbit hole visits. So rather then living in a nice home I live at my Mom's with my sister which make a social life kind of difficult. They aren't especially in favor of me. but socially over the years depression and schizophrenia has lowered me. I hope to get disability so I can have a place of my own. Oh well I work for grubhub and you can make like 700 for a 35 hr week and you can also take off as much time as you want and then just turn it back on and make money. very useful.

LizBo

LizBo

So what you're saying @Mr.NiceGuy, is that attractiveness leads to arousal of the brain and genitals in men and women? I would agree with that, but it's how we cope after the initial meeting that depends on the outcome, depression or otherwise.

Of all our primal survival instincts, procreation is the most powerful. Adding the evolution of modern cultural/social niceties and expectations to the mix hasn't been easy for humans to deal with. Then being bombarded with explicit internet content, media advertising and a sexual orientation revolution, just to name a few, is pushing boundaries re interpretations of intimacy, love, marriage and the choice to be single.

It isn't a cut and dry topic for discussion as there are far reaching affects on other parts of our life. What once was a simple goal of marriage and children, has morphed into a complex barrel of unlimited options. No wonder people are confused and depressed.

IMO, healing depression is about simplicity; the KISS theory.

Mr.NiceGuy

Mr.NiceGuy

So what you're saying @Mr.NiceGuy, is that attractiveness leads to arousal of the brain and genitals in men and women? I would agree with that, but it's how we cope after the initial meeting that depends on the outcome, depression or otherwise.

Of all our primal survival instincts, procreation is the most powerful. Adding the evolution of modern cultural/social niceties and expectations to the mix hasn't been easy for humans to deal with. Then being bombarded with explicit internet content, media advertising and a sexual orientation revolution, just to name a few, is pushing boundaries re interpretations of intimacy, love, marriage and the choice to be single.

It isn't a cut and dry topic for discussion as there are far reaching affects on other parts of our life. What once was a simple goal of marriage and children, has morphed into a complex barrel of unlimited options. No wonder people are confused and depressed.

IMO, healing depression is about simplicity; the KISS theory.

What's the KISS theory to kiss someone? I found that pouring cold water down my underpants keeps my libido 'cold'. Do you think it could have an effect on depression as a treatment? but human contact that is healthy is so important I agree.

LizBo

LizBo

What's the KISS theory to kiss someone? I found that pouring cold water down my underpants keeps my libido 'cold'. Do you think it could have an effect on depression as a treatment? but human contact that is healthy is so important I agree.
KISS - Keep It Simple Stupid. Not an insult, but a common acronym used all the time to tell people not to make things too complicated.

It might be productive to see your GP and ask questions. There are disorders that can cause an overactive libido.
Hope this helps...
Liz