• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Does chronic Schizophrenia appear unresponsive to humor as well as to other social stimuli?

I

imhight

Does chronic Schizophrenia appear unresponsive to humor as well as to other social stimuli?

Do schizophrenics rarely smile or laugh ?Even when they do laugh, does their laughter seem in appropriate and often without apparent joyfulness?

I

IntrospectionFtw!

Supposedly it does. i've always been known for my sense of humour and i must admit i'm not quite as humorous as i used to be. i mean i think this illness/lifestyle just affects some people more than others. some people can suffer several breakdowns and still retain these human qualitys. you've just got to stay strong and in control and do what ever you gotta do to get better.

sallyG

sallyG

i used to be the life and soul of the party and found humour very easy....now i find being funny very difficult to achieve...i find things funny but dont laugh that much..and i used to be a funny person but have gone into myself since my diagnosis...however..since starting my risperidone injections humour is starting to come back to me once more...yay..lol.

M

maudikie

I a, a carer, but my patient has a gret sense of humour. We cometimes do a private Goon soe - just between the two of us. e also hs a serious side, and is quite phylosophical. about life in general.He is a geat pleasure to be with, and popular with most people.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
My first diagnosis was hebephrenic schitzoprenia negative symptoms predominating, hebe is the goddess of mirth, he also laughs for no apparent reason, the reason was this fat psychiatrist though when he asked me i said i didn't know why i laughed

M

maudikie

Try to get funny book of jokes when you feel down. That might help a bit. But schizophrenia does tend to"swing" in some.Do yo see a psychiatrist. It sounds abit like a mood disorder, I should get ana ppointment and talk to aprofessional about it.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
if your talking about me, the psychiatrist closed my case, the diagnosis was residual schitzoprenia, bit pissed off about it, got no one mto give a benefit reference and even schitzos neeed money for food, this cured on meds busness stinks

D

dancer

I can't think about anything to laugh about

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
L does anyone else view others as superior to you? Schizophrenia Forum 7
C Does anyone have any useful techniques to help with paranoia? Schizophrenia Forum 5
H Does it get better with age? Schizophrenia Forum 9
M Does my Mother have schizophrenia? Schizophrenia Forum 7
L does anyone believe in demons? Schizophrenia Forum 40
L does anyone else change their mind often? Schizophrenia Forum 12
L Does anyone else feel like they are melting into the universe? Schizophrenia Forum 7
S Does anyone have any first hand experience of clozapine? Schizophrenia Forum 9
K Does my roommate have schizophrenia? Schizophrenia Forum 5
C Does anyone else feel like they have cameras in their body? Schizophrenia Forum 12
Someone_alone why does this happen Schizophrenia Forum 4
K Does youre delusions disappear after eating and drinking? Schizophrenia Forum 32
T Does anyone knows how hidden cameras work? Schizophrenia Forum 5
soul searching Does anybody else have this? Schizophrenia Forum 1
soul searching Does anyone know anything about this? Schizophrenia Forum 22
T Does meds help with pushes Schizophrenia Forum 5
T How long does hidden cameras batteries last? Schizophrenia Forum 21
L Does anyone else suffer from the cognitive/negatives? Schizophrenia Forum 18
K Does council take old broken furniture from the 3rd floor council flat, no lift available Schizophrenia Forum 6
Riah3 Does schizophrenia cause violence Schizophrenia Forum 32
F Hello everyone - delusions vivid confusing dreams does anyone else get this? Schizophrenia Forum 27
blog15 Does your mood, impact your symptoms? Schizophrenia Forum 1
blog15 does anybody see their words as you speak? Schizophrenia Forum 7
Mr.NiceGuy Does the balance system do more than balance? Schizophrenia Forum 1
B TRIGGER WARNING, Health anxiety sufferers should not read this! Does it look like schizophrenia or dementia? What do you think? Schizophrenia Forum 13
OCDguy What does it feel like to be Schizophrenic? Schizophrenia Forum 10
Mr.NiceGuy does depression start in the genitalia? Schizophrenia Forum 11
T He gave the whole world schizophrenia Schizophrenia Forum 7
P Is this schizophrenia ? Schizophrenia Forum 7
lavenderfire The Best Med: What Is The Best Antipsychotic For Schizophrenia? Schizophrenia Forum 7
J I feel you all have schizophrenia, because of me, is this right view? Schizophrenia Forum 11
L autism and schizophrenia Schizophrenia Forum 5
J How do you cope with schizophrenia? Schizophrenia Forum 28
C I think I have Schizophrenia Schizophrenia Forum 15
Amelia2020 My Grandmother was diagnosed with schizophrenia Schizophrenia Forum 2
L Autism and Schizophrenia Schizophrenia Forum 11
T I believe i have a camera implanted in me and i know its not schizophrenia. Schizophrenia Forum 3
T Is this real or schizophrenia? Schizophrenia Forum 12
TDCI1994 When did your schizophrenia first start and was there any previous mental health issues before? Schizophrenia Forum 58
R How do you describe schizophrenia Schizophrenia Forum 85
R Dating, schizophrenia and coping. Schizophrenia Forum 10
S Dating with schizophrenia Schizophrenia Forum 41
M is that schizophrenia or not ?? Schizophrenia Forum 3
LORD BURT Schizophrenia Deniers. Schizophrenia Forum 11
K what is the difference between psychosis and schizophrenia Schizophrenia Forum 7
F cure for schizophrenia? Schizophrenia Forum 63
gt86 Is this really Schizophrenia? Schizophrenia Forum 16
C A Beautiful Mind: How do you feel about this portray of schizophrenia? Schizophrenia Forum 4
HLon99 Hey! Bipolar guy here, want to learn more about schizophrenia Schizophrenia Forum 7
LORD BURT Five different types of Schizophrenia. Which are you? Schizophrenia Forum 20