• Safety Notice: This section on Psychiatric Drugs/Medications enables people to share their personal experiences of using such drugs/medications. Always seek the advice of your doctor, psychiatrist or other qualified health professional before making any changes to your medications or with any questions you may have regarding drugs/medications. In considering coming off psychiatric drugs it is very important that you are aware that most psychiatric drugs can cause withdrawal reactions, sometimes including life-threatening emotional and physical withdrawal problems. In short, it is not only dangerous to start taking psychiatric drugs, it can also be dangerous to stop them. Withdrawal from psychiatric drugs should only be done carefully under experienced clinical supervision.

Does Aripiprazole work?

H

Helen73

I've been on Aripiprazole for a few months now and doesn't seem to be having much of an effect. I was wondering if anyone out there feels the same?

calypso

calypso

Admin
I am on it and the voices disappeared. It doesn't sedate like other anti psychotics which can lead to you thinking its not working I suppose. What is it not helping with?

N

natalie

I have been on aipipazol, or the main brand Abilify for about 19 years. And I can assure you that my correct dose level, for me personally it does work. It should work relatively quickly, also, depends how well you are responding to the treatment of the med or not, and also depends, whet her if you (which I am not about to probe) are on a low dose. High doses seemingly work best for me.

It's less sedating, and doesn't cause ecessive weight gain, unlike most other meds.

H

Helen73

I am on it and the voices disappeared. It doesn't sedate like other anti psychotics which can lead to you thinking its not working I suppose. What is it not helping with?
It's the voices. If anything they have got worse.

jackolantern

jackolantern

I've been on Aripiprazole for a few months now and doesn't seem to be having much of an effect. I was wondering if anyone out there feels the same?
Hi Helen, yes it is the same for me as well, I am sure it is not working for Psychosis, it is a new generation drug not as strong as Haliperidol but that is very sedating.

H

Helen73

Hi Helen, yes it is the same for me as well, I am sure it is not working for Psychosis, it is a new generation drug not as strong as Haliperidol but that is very sedating.
It's great to not feel as sedated and not being able to get out of bed. I like that aspect of aripiprazole but the voices are much worse on this drug.

jackolantern

jackolantern

It's great to not feel as sedated and not being able to get out of bed. I like that aspect of aripiprazole but the voices are much worse on this drug.
Yes I agree, at 10mg it does nothing to stop the voices but now I have been put on 15mg so maybe it will work soon :(

L

linus

Yes with oral you can get from your pmed dosage adjusting easier so you can compare the effects.

G

GCD18

I had aripiprazole and it made my anxiety sky rocket, I felt very shakey.

fazza

fazza

I also got anxiety from this drug at low dosage. Once I had titratated up to 20 mg I was fine.