• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

does anyone young feel like one of those old people in bed asleep waiting to die?

S

SomeGuy123

Can relate to this. Life is dull and painful. I don’t get any joy and I have too many struggles that are ruining my life. Just waiting for the relief of non existence

stevie_sloth

stevie_sloth

There are so many of us who feel this way. And imagine how many more people feel like this who we have no idea about...

This is NOT what life should be like...

C

cathanifrind174

About five years ago I was unemployed, and I slept a lot, I didn’t even know it was depression. But I just wanted sleep myself to death and my friend was kind enough to tell me to seek help as I was going from bad to worse.

Now I am employed, and I also feel like sleeping all the time. I must work so I force myself to get up (although not the hour I want to) but I look forward to crawling into my bed as soon as it’s time to go back home.

Something that has helped me recently is that I got a fitbit watch as a Christmas gift and I’m trying to walk as much as I can. I realized being sedentary contributed to my desire to sleep, especially in winters. If this is something you can physically do, I strongly recommend short walks just to break up the negative thoughts and have something positive to look forward when you get up in the morning.

S

SomeGuy123

If I try to think back I have always been a depressive. But it really took over me when I broke up with my first love, was never able to recover any normal sense of joy after it.
I wonder if a lot of people have a trigger point and have been like it ever since?

stevie_sloth

stevie_sloth

If I try to think back I have always been a depressive. But it really took over me when I broke up with my first love, was never able to recover any normal sense of joy after it.
I wonder if a lot of people have a trigger point and have been like it ever since?
I think so, probably. Possibly because the trigger (traumatic experience or loss) would require us to drastically alter how we feel about what's happened and adapt greatly in terms of what we want or need in life. Which is sometimes just not possible.

RapblasterMaster

RapblasterMaster

Was Slowturtle
Its a confidence issue for me, I lost confidence in myself. I dont fit in with the outside and I dont want to be continuously hurt.
Confidence is very important I think, much like your power, people will take it from you.
The bully and victim scenario, it drains you of your confidence and self esteem.

dennoucoil

dennoucoil

*cof cof* im sobbing now its my turn to say

I actually was one of those old peeps waiting to die at somewheres bed mmmmm
i used to be in a really bad physical condition, my body was in pain and my hair so messed up, wearing androgynous make up while my bones were showing a little more each day, i think people didnt know i was just 21y old at the time cause they didnt belive it was me the one at my ID s card with a picture of myself from 3y before

Jeez! old times <3