• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

does anyone young feel like one of those old people in bed asleep waiting to die?

M

Misssad1111

i'm 31 and i lay in bed (now since im unemployed) just waiting for time to pass by and for me to die. i was wondering if there are other young people that do the same? no motivation to do anything except watch netflix and chat

S

Sarabi_Gyarados

Lots of people feel this way. What has made you feel like this? Is it linked to the unemployment?

stevie_sloth

stevie_sloth

I'm not waiting to die, but it saddens me that I'm only 43 and I feel like my life is basically over. I sleep most of the days away because there's just nothing else I want to do. I can't enjoy anything. It's a relief to just sleep.

O

Orangeade

Im 22, all i do is lay in bed, go to work and then come home and go back to bed. I just feel like im going through the motions

Manicotti

Manicotti

I can't even work. I lay in bed most of the time to try to keep myself from acting out on my suicidal impulses. I'm slowly beginning to accept that at some point, I am going to not have the energy to fight anymore and I will die. I feel myself moving closer to that every hour.

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Admin
If you're feeling like you want to die, it's important to tell someone.

Help and support is available right now if you need it. You do not have to struggle with difficult feelings alone.

Phone a helpline

These free helplines are there to help when you're feeling down or desperate.

You can also call these helplines for advice if you’re worried about someone else.

In the UK and Ireland, call the Samaritans on 116123.
In the US, call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline ion 1-800-273-8255.
In Canada, call the Suicide Prevention Service on 1.833.456.4566.
In Australia, call Lifeline on 131114.
In New Zealand, call Need to Talk on 1737 or 080017371737.
For other countries please visit this list of crisis helplines.

Useful information

The Forum's page on getting help may also be useful to you. Here is a link to it Mental Health Forum - Getting Help

Here is a link to an article on Suicidal Crisis written by one of the Admin team which you may find helpful Suicidal Crisis

Emergency help

If you are in immediate danger, please call your local emergency number (in the UK call 999, in the USA or Canada call 911, in Australia call 000 and in New Zealand call 111 or call the international emergency number of 112).

Please do seek help as soon as possible.

JessisMe

JessisMe

I was just thinking about that the other day. Yes I do feel that way. I don’t have to be laying in bed to feel it though. I feel it most all the day. It’s a terrible thing to feel. xo, j

Buff Schmoltler

Buff Schmoltler

i'm 31 and i lay in bed (now since im unemployed) just waiting for time to pass by and for me to die. i was wondering if there are other young people that do the same? no motivation to do anything except watch netflix and chat
For about 5 seconds. Thats it.

TooMuchPain

TooMuchPain

I watched my life’s savings fade away feeling like that. Now I live paycheque to paycheque doing my best to not sleep my free time away.

Buff Schmoltler

Buff Schmoltler

VALUU

‘It was a dark and stormy night . . . ‘

I am interested in the rest of your story.

NoNameRequired

NoNameRequired

I'm 24 and yes, I feel like the time for me to be happy was being 16-20 and I wasted that, now I am balding, everyone but me has a job, I have no idea how to talk to people and the fact that my country is in a permanent "Survival mode" with no hope of actually having a life worth living has gotten to me.

lavandula

lavandula

I was just doing that for two weeks and I finally started pulling out of it today. I was drinking too much too, and I'm also unemployed. I was just hoping the alcohol would kill me, and I also wasn't eating and hoping that I might just starve to death. I'm still depressed, but now I'm regaining the will to live and I have hopes of getting a new job. I hope you'll pull out of it too.

NoNameRequired

NoNameRequired

I was just doing that for two weeks and I finally started pulling out of it today. I was drinking too much too, and I'm also unemployed. I was just hoping the alcohol would kill me, and I also wasn't eating and hoping that I might just starve to death. I'm still depressed, but now I'm regaining the will to live and I have hopes of getting a new job. I hope you'll pull out of it too.
That's messed up dude.

lavandula

lavandula

@NoNameRequired Yeeeaah heh I know.:( No longer unemployed at least as of now since an an old boss just texted me and said he'll take me back at my job, so at least there is that.