• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

does anyone with ptsd experience this?

M

mismatched

I was diagnosed ptsd quite a few years ago but wondering if my diagnosis fits if anyone else experiences this? atm im having terrible hallucinations and extreme paranoia. im seeing blood, sinister figures, smoke filled rooms, actors with blue liquid coming out their mouths, half my face sliding off, a hanging noose, voices of a sinister man instructing me to do terrible things, a feeling of being watched through the walls, lent someone a book thought my thoughts have dissolved into authors words and exposing my desperation, thought someone had stolen an app off my phone, thought someone was being telepathic with me and can hear what im hearing, thought id been given an important mission to speak with an influencial poet etc etc endless. I asked dr for sleeping pills as not slept for four weeks but was refused, they said im experiencing these things because of childhood trauma and its affected my development but to just try ground myself with music, art, nature etc but im really unsure whether this is ptsd at all as ive not met anyone similar to me?

SunnyDaze

SunnyDaze

Hi there. I have PTSD from childhood trauma and I have never experienced anything like that.

It definitely sounds like something you need to get help with.Are you working with a MH professional? That's who I would contact instead of a medical doctor.

Hugs

N

Nukelavee

Doesn't match mine at all.

On the other hand - sleep deprivation can cause all sorts of nasty effects pretty fast.

Dude - get thee to a doctor.

Catty5

Catty5

Hello
I have PTSD from my childhood trauma but I’ve never had any experience as you have.
I don’t know if your symptoms are relating to your med you’re on right now or not???
Please consult your doc ASAP.

M

mismatched

thanks for the replies. I spoke psychiatrist who refused me sleeping tablets and told me it was just because childhood trauma and basically washed her hands of me shes not phoning back or anything even though I told her my experiences are giving me suicidal thoughts but im not going to act on them because I have children. im concerned this might carry on for a while without help as before I sought professional help I used to go through these sort of things for about six months at a time. im on max dose anti depressants an max dose anti psychotics and they said because of this theres not much scope but how do they help other people in the same boat?

SweetTexas

SweetTexas

thanks for the replies. I spoke psychiatrist who refused me sleeping tablets and told me it was just because childhood trauma and basically washed her hands of me shes not phoning back or anything even though I told her my experiences are giving me suicidal thoughts but im not going to act on them because I have children. im concerned this might carry on for a while without help as before I sought professional help I used to go through these sort of things for about six months at a time. im on max dose anti depressants an max dose anti psychotics and they said because of this theres not much scope but how do they help other people in the same boat?
That doesn't sound like PTSD at all. You need to find a NEW doctor as soon as you can! Rest is a huge factor for a clear mind. Sleep deprivation can cause hallucinations and voices, among other things. When I see my therapist one of the first questions he asks is "How are you sleeping?"

M

mismatched

thanks! my visions and voices are so bad ive been throwing up for a week I stressed that it is due to not sleeping and that I think itd be remedied with zopiclone sleeping tablets but she disagreed and told me it was because I have significant childhood trauma argh

SunnyDaze

SunnyDaze

I have significant childhood trauma too and don't experience what you do.

I think I would get a second opinion,clearly you're not being helped with the issues you're struggling with.

Honestly, if my PTSD had got so bad that I was going through what you are my therapist would have hospitalized me.

It sure sounds like you have way more than PTSD going on.

Hugs

SunnyDaze

SunnyDaze

Also,if you've been throwing up for a week you need to call your GP, that sounds like a medical issue,not PTSD.

Catty5

Catty5

I really think you should see a doc. Your symptoms seem to be pretty serious.

J

ji_11

That sounds similar to my ocd though my type was a bit more rare. Since a large part of mine was based on the intrusive thought of convincing myself I was either possessed/had psychosis though I had neither. Definitely talk to a professional, it may take a few tries to find someone who understands.

W

Wodin789

Sunnydaze and the others are spot on. I don't know of any serious doctor who would refuse sleeping pills even temporarily. And there are some fairly safe sleeping agents out there. Any drug can be abused though.
See another doctor. I have PTSD and really wondered where some of the "dreams" I conjured came from. But flashbacks, where you relive the experience, are what to look for. Being put on an SSRI (and I had several) stopped many of the recurring flashbacks that never let me sleep.
But an incident of violence brings them back.
There is medical help out there. It's a merry go round sometimes.

Linda1989

Linda1989

I went through the same thing but its wasnt ptsd it was schizophrenia. The smoke in the room creep me out.

Zero One

Zero One

I was diagnosed ptsd quite a few years ago but wondering if my diagnosis fits if anyone else experiences this? atm im having terrible hallucinations and extreme paranoia. im seeing blood, sinister figures, smoke filled rooms, actors with blue liquid coming out their mouths, half my face sliding off, a hanging noose, voices of a sinister man instructing me to do terrible things, a feeling of being watched through the walls, lent someone a book thought my thoughts have dissolved into authors words and exposing my desperation, thought someone had stolen an app off my phone, thought someone was being telepathic with me and can hear what im hearing, thought id been given an important mission to speak with an influencial poet etc etc endless. I asked dr for sleeping pills as not slept for four weeks but was refused, they said im experiencing these things because of childhood trauma and its affected my development but to just try ground myself with music, art, nature etc but im really unsure whether this is ptsd at all as ive not met anyone similar to me?
I had some of these but in addition to PTSD I have schizoaffective disorder which gets the credit for hallucinations and delusions - psychosis. I had a hallucination of my face being torn off and hanging but it was the awareness of my face and not my actual face. The voices call it frame. I had something similar with the app, being watched from weird places, and some really extreme insomnia during a hallucination with delusion..I couldn't sleep for two days. Another time later I slept maybe 6 hours in a week and believe me I wanted to sleep. I also have Bipolar I.