Does anyone understand?

Y

yewotc90

Hey everyone! Just wondering if anyone understands the following or has any advice? Never mentioned these to GP and not sure if worth mentioning or not:

1. Scab picking. I pick scabs, no idea why have done since I was little and just can't break it. Try to pick them where people won't see them but the odd time people have and have mentioned how bad they look I just say oh yeah the dog scratched me, or something along those lines

2. Seem to have developed a problem at the moment, not sure what it is or why. Say for instance I put some music on my walkman - i'll try to upload 2 cds a day. Then everytime I listen it's 5 songs I listen too - if that pattern gets broken say I accidentally listen to one extra song - I have to reset to factory settings, delete everything off and start all over again

3. Conversations with people. I seem to not take all the information in - so that's why I see myself as not as clever as others for instance others might watch I dunno question time or something on politics and they understand it all I don't - I take in one sentence and the rest over my head. Thats why I watch soaps - it doesn't matter if not all the information goes in
Also - say sometimes dad is speaking to me I get irritated if it goes on for too long. Then if I think of something I will interrupt people to get in what I need to say before I get - seems like I am being rude but I would genuinley forget what I wanted to say

4. Social Anxiety. I hate when my brother goes out before me and then wants me to join him - say in a pub - I will only go if he takes a photo of where he is sat and sends it to me. I hate the thought of walking in on my own and not knowing where he is and having to walk around and think like people are watching me

5. Guess this is partly depression shining through? Not sure but whereas all girls I know look pretty, hair immaculate everything and spend hours on it. I can't - seems like too much of a chore - I only ever wash it if I really need to. Annoys me having to spend time on it - even brushing it I get irritated with. Sounds horrible but I can even go a week wearing same underwear unless I have to go out anywhere

dermild

dermild

Sounds like some OCD, ADHD, and social anxiety. Maybe depression.

I'm no therapist or psychiatrist, and I'm fairly certain that you won't be able to get a professional diagnosis on here. What you will find is others who have had experiences similar to these. They might have insight on what is going on and ideas on how to deal with it. Not every idea works universally, but sometimes they might be worth a shot.

For me, the diagnosis label is not as important as dealing with the issue, whatever it might be called.

Y

yewotc90

Thank you - yeah, that is what I'm interested in. Others who have had similar experiences to these.

Another couple of things:

1.Driving at night. Get very anxious when I see headlights behind me, like they are following me or something

2.Motivation is a struggle. I'm overweight I know I am, but can't stop eating cakes and biscuits and stuff that isn't good for me

Got very worked up when we had to move house - like I didn't actually want to be around anymore. Didn't like the idea of changing GPs etc and moving to an area where I don't know anyone. Old area I had 2 close friends and knew them very well, both more than 10 years - one I went to primary school with. My mum and dad actually had the police out one night very worried about me

I lie in bed a lot, don't sleep the best. Wake up in the night and then nap alot in the day which is hard cycle to break

Also I was bullied in school which didn't help me socially

Oh, and I have a gambling habit - so much so I'm in debt. My brother now looks after my money. The debt is breaking me - had to put debt collectors off so far until I feel ready to deal with them. Did ring step change but then it seemed like too long and complicated process to deal with so put that off too - plus hate hate speaking on the phone. Prefer email

Last edited:
Y

yewotc90

Oh and a very last thing:

I nearly ruined Christmas for my family. Next door neighbour had a heart attack so I was sent into a whirl of worry thinking about family dying, wanted to go on a health kick with them but to the point I was making them feel miserable with it like they couldn't enjoy themselves. Now every chest pain I get even though I've been told its down to anxiety, I'm convinced a heart attack is imminent

Y

yewotc90

Not sure how to actually explain all this to the doctor - I feel like in some way I need to shorten it, but not sure how

Upset the whole house again last night. Asked my brother to come out with me in the morning and pop into shop for me and he was like flat out no, so I lost it. Threw a bottle at my wall which put a hole in it. Used every swear word under the sun and said some horrible stuff to my brother to try and guilt trip him

One thing I find I do alot is I'll start off speaking and then forget what I want to say so stutter and stammer - few mins or an hour later it will come back to me