• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Does anyone tell somebody they've self harmed when they haven't?

stevie_sloth

stevie_sloth

I've done this over the last few years. Only to my Favourite People. I haven't self harmed for quite a while, but I still want that kind of attention, so I say I have.

stevie_sloth

stevie_sloth

No I do not

I dont really self harm, but when I say I have years ago attemepted suicide

I did

Luckily I failed

I'm very glad you failed.

I self harmed from age 17 to roughly my early to mid 30s. Most frequently from my late teens to mid 20s. It's due to my BPD.

Hello513

Hello513

My billion dollar high tech malibu mansion
I'm very glad you failed.

I self harmed from age 17 to roughly my early to mid 30s. Most frequently from my late teens to mid 20s. It's due to my BPD.

I have only self harmed once in my life besides actual attempts, and it was my way of trying to get myself ready to end it

I am in a better place by so much now

I dont get the idea i deserve to suffer

Which is why I wanted to end it because I was suffering

M

Mrt23

If they tell someone they have and they haven't it means they are reaching out to that person for help .it does happen.

K

Keesha

I haven’t self harmed since I was a teenager . Talking about it or showing others wasn’t anything I did. One day a few students called me on it telling me it was foolish and it worked. I was so ashamed I never ever did it again.

stevie_sloth

stevie_sloth

If they tell someone they have and they haven't it means they are reaching out to that person for help .it does happen.

Thank you. Yes. It is a need for care thing for me, to my FP only. No one else. I don't do it often. I finally got to a place where I don't want to self harm and I know it doesn't help me anymore so I won't do it, but I still feel the need for that same kind of "care / comfort / worried attention."

E

EclipticNight

Several of my scars are out in the open, some just under the shirt where medical people usually see. The rest vary. I don't encounter people in my life so there's no one to notice. One was an attempt and is super obvious on my arm. On my other arm I have a thumb size patch of melted skin as a scar. If anyone does ask I tell them, somehow it does not bother me. I'm glad I have the melted skin one, it hurt like a bitch for weeks, at least I got something out of it. Definatly not worth it though.

LoqLamp

LoqLamp

Several of my scars are out in the open, some just under the shirt where medical people usually see. The rest vary. I don't encounter people in my life so there's no one to notice. One was an attempt and is super obvious on my arm. On my other arm I have a thumb size patch of melted skin as a scar. If anyone does ask I tell them, somehow it does not bother me. I'm glad I have the melted skin one, it hurt like a bitch for weeks, at least I got something out of it. Definatly not worth it though.

I have some really visible scars on the top of my left hand. One of which is basically a big scar that goes the width. You’d be surprised how little people notice them, including medical professionals. One thought I’d done it between meetings because she didn’t notice it the first time lol.

TisButAScratch

TisButAScratch

Former member
I've done this over the last few years. Only to my Favourite People. I haven't self harmed for quite a while, but I still want that kind of attention, so I say I have.
That is abusive to the other person. No empathy for how they will feel at all.

Q

quilteddown10

I self-harmed for a few months when I was at university in the 90s. I didn’t tell anyone (having no friends helped with that) but I did tell a student counsellor. She got angry with me and said it was selfish. I think she missed the point though. I did it because it was a release, nothing more. I was extremely unhappy.

stevie_sloth

stevie_sloth

I self-harmed for a few months when I was at university in the 90s. I didn’t tell anyone (having no friends helped with that) but I did tell a student counsellor. She got angry with me and said it was selfish. I think she missed the point though. I did it because it was a release, nothing more. I was extremely unhappy.
Yes. It is a release, a distraction, a comfort, cathartic...a lot of things.