Does anyone suffer from Akathisia?

B

Baroquerw

I started taking Trintellix last month and went to the doctor again bc it is making my whole body feel like every cell inside me is buzzing. I can’t sit still. The only thing I can do to calm it is to walk or run on the treadmill. And then it stops for like a half hour.
She prescribed me propranolol to help calm it down, but I haven’t tried it yet. It sucks bc this is the first med I feel clear headed on in a long time. The doctor said if the akathisia doesn’t subside in a couple of weeks we have to switch meds. I’m tired of not feeling “normal”. Whatever that might mean.

Z

Zoe1

yes I had akathisia really badly from anti psychotics
had the medication changed twice
before they got it right

and was prescribed procyclidine for the akathisia
which only seemed to work after the 3rd change

what also helped was relaxation groups in the hospital
and then mindfulness at the well being hub in the community
although I dont need to do that any more

:grouphug:

fazza

fazza

Don't wait to take the propanolol, It really helps but procyclidine is better. Akathesia really is terrible. I have had it really bad whilst on depixol.

I

iWILLOBTAINMENTALHEALTH2

I'm sorry you suffer with that. I feel like I do sometimes. But my psychiatrist says I don't. :hug:

Skynet

Skynet

I have akathisia as well. I'm on 5 mg Abilify and my akathisia gets worse when I'm excited.

Parayana

Parayana

I suffer from Akathisia and Pseudo-parkinsons from Flupenthixol - Propananol will help but Procyclidine (Kemadrine) or Orphenadrine are better, ask your Doc about them.