• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Does anyone not feel bad?

T

Tiddle

Former member
I self harm regularly - all the professionals I've seen have all said about how bad and guilty we feel afterwards but I don't. I don't feel bad at all I did it and I did it for a reason. I don't worry about it afterwards I just patch it up and get on with it. I don't really see it as a bad thing.

Does anyone else not feel bad about self harm ?

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

I see where you're coming from, Tiddle.
The only time I felt 'bad' was considering what other people might think of seeing my scars and I still worry about that.
But when I used to self-harm (it's been three years since I did it), I couldn't really connect me doing that to myself as a 'bad' thing.

I think I accepted it as one of my ways of coping. I've also never really cared much for my physical being - that's not to say I hate my body, i'm just hugely indifferent to it. :unsure:

It's different for everybody, isn't it?
It's important that you look after yourself afterwards and tend to any injury, but it sounds like you're aware of that anyway. x

G

Gredge23

I am the same I wudnt feel bad but wud worry about the consequences people seeing my scars namely my daughter there came a time when I cudnt say daddy fell and hurt his hand anymore.

As when I was self harming I felt a release of what was inside me namely guilt shame anger sadness , but I found different ways of coping like rubbing an ice cube on my wrist instead of self harming , it worked for me maybe u might try this next time u feel the urge to harm urself.

Peace.

Last edited by a moderator: