• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Does anyone not feel bad?

T

Tiddle

I self harm regularly - all the professionals I've seen have all said about how bad and guilty we feel afterwards but I don't. I don't feel bad at all I did it and I did it for a reason. I don't worry about it afterwards I just patch it up and get on with it. I don't really see it as a bad thing.

Does anyone else not feel bad about self harm ?

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

I see where you're coming from, Tiddle.
The only time I felt 'bad' was considering what other people might think of seeing my scars and I still worry about that.
But when I used to self-harm (it's been three years since I did it), I couldn't really connect me doing that to myself as a 'bad' thing.

I think I accepted it as one of my ways of coping. I've also never really cared much for my physical being - that's not to say I hate my body, i'm just hugely indifferent to it. :unsure:

It's different for everybody, isn't it?
It's important that you look after yourself afterwards and tend to any injury, but it sounds like you're aware of that anyway. x

G

Gredge23

I am the same I wudnt feel bad but wud worry about the consequences people seeing my scars namely my daughter there came a time when I cudnt say daddy fell and hurt his hand anymore.

As when I was self harming I felt a release of what was inside me namely guilt shame anger sadness , but I found different ways of coping like rubbing an ice cube on my wrist instead of self harming , it worked for me maybe u might try this next time u feel the urge to harm urself.

Peace.

Last edited by a moderator: