• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Does anyone lose it quickly

Wendy

Wendy

I have a personality disorder.When I get angry it can happen in seconds and I'm not aware of it unless someone tells me.It can scare people makes relationships and work hard.

Does anyone else suffer this as well.

A

anastasia

nods head in agreement

Wendy

Wendy

yeah it makes life complicated,I've lost it at work argueing with others after being told what to do.it just happens so quick it's ruined my life.

A

anastasia

i tend to manage it at work but cant out of work.

i've not had it for a while cos i'm just totally numb right now.everyones trying to treat "depression" (I'm not diagnosed anything else) but i know there's more to it. :grouphug:

Wendy

Wendy

Hi anastacia thanks for your reply take care from wendy

D

Devon

I can switch moods quickly over a course of minutes.
It kinda depends on the trigger

Lara

Lara

Hi Wendy,

I was diagnosed with BPD 6yrs ago. the smallest thing can cause be to fly into an exagerated rage.

My partner kissed me at the week end and he hadnt had a shave for a few days, he caught the edge on my lip with it, it really hurt but that didnt warant me turning into a dragon!!!!!

This morning at work I had great trouble keeping a lid on my temper. My manager has been giving me a really hard tiem for the last two weeks and she is so condescending and patronising!!!!!!!

Really doesnt help me any. I dont think its be long before I either jack the job in or get fired because of my conduct.

It really Sucks!!

Emily-Rose

Emily-Rose

Oh my goodness I'm totally with you here!!

The smallest things make me fly into rages..

The other day we were walking through the shops and my mum was walking too slow for me and I completely EXPLODED at her. Even thinking of it now is making me really angry!

That's only one example!

Emily.x

S

shelly

yes :mad: some pratt was driving up my behind in her 4 x 4, lets just say she was lucky I had the kids in the car ..lol

D

Devon

yes :mad: some pratt was driving up my behind in her 4 x 4, lets just say she was lucky I had the kids in the car ..lol
I think I can definitely empathise here. There are very often situations where normally I would do a "Vesuvius", i.e. Blow my top but where what I consider "innocents" are present, I manage to reign myself in a bit.

I suppose reflecting on these occasions this must be a good thing.
I guess I do still have a little bit of self control left. :)

Rorschach

Rorschach

Founding Member
It can often seem that things happen quickly, when in fact they have causation speading over days, weeks, and months. I can lose it, usually after a last straw.

S

schizzzoid

I hadn't exploded in two years, but, I lost it at the weekend, destroyed my expensive gaming keyboard and kicked a door in. Leaving me feeling guity, depressed and useless. I know I'm supposed to 'hold on' to the fact that I've 'behaved' myself for two years, and made progress, which hasn't been lost... But, it doesn't stop me beating myself up, and feeling that I'm back to square one.

Self control is a very thin and slippery thread to hold onto.