• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Does anyone know what this particular disorder might be ?

S

Sunflowerbun

I have a classmate whose ‘mother’ is not her real mother but just a caretaker who takes care of her until her own mother went to jail. When I met this caretaker, I cannot help but observe how she was behaving abnormally. For example insisting my classmate is her daughter and forcing her to call her mom, alienate my classmate from her parents and relatives, move to our city to get away from anyone who used to know my classmate, create dependency and reliance so that my classmate always feel a need to run back to her. She is possessive and would get angry when my classmate went missing for probably just an hour. The thing is my classmate don’t seem to think there is an issue.
This caretaker genuinely believes that she is the mother of my classmate and would share with me stories about her growing up and while being pregnant with her. It being all false. I would just like to research more about this condition but I don’t even know where to start. Can someone give me clues ?

P

Purpleplum

I have a classmate whose ‘mother’ is not her real mother but just a caretaker who takes care of her until her own mother went to jail. When I met this caretaker, I cannot help but observe how she was behaving abnormally. For example insisting my classmate is her daughter and forcing her to call her mom, alienate my classmate from her parents and relatives, move to our city to get away from anyone who used to know my classmate, create dependency and reliance so that my classmate always feel a need to run back to her. She is possessive and would get angry when my classmate went missing for probably just an hour. The thing is my classmate don’t seem to think there is an issue.
This caretaker genuinely believes that she is the mother of my classmate and would share with me stories about her growing up and while being pregnant with her. It being all false. I would just like to research more about this condition but I don’t even know where to start. Can someone give me clues ?
Psychosis? (Can't determine real vs. Imaginary)
Non mental health diagnosis issues: grooming a child, control issues.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
J Does anyone have anyone to talk to in the mental health services even if they don't get better? Mental Health Experiences 12
Jrog62 Does anyone understand this statement? Mental Health Experiences 6
J Does anyone suffer from Intrusive thoughts? Mental Health Experiences 8
Novastars Does anyone else find it hard to ask for help? Mental Health Experiences 27
T Does anyone Know Mental Health Experiences 13
T Does Anyone Realize Mental Health Experiences 5
Ineedhelp2921 Does anyone have any advice for people in their 20s? Mental Health Experiences 20
E Does anyone can relate ? Mental Health Experiences 8
MissPink Does anyone else think this is rude? Mental Health Experiences 9
Ineedhelp2921 Does anyone know what this could be? Mental Health Experiences 4
N Does anyone temporarily forget their trauma? Mental Health Experiences 5
Falling_Fixation Does anyone know what this is? Mental Health Experiences 10
Newstartformetoday Does anyone get severe Fasciculations? Mental Health Experiences 5
M Does anyone else say things in there heads that brings them discomfort Mental Health Experiences 2
C Does anyone else get weird depressed 90's shopping centre nostalgia? Mental Health Experiences 15
Midnight.Panda Does anyone ever feel happy but suicidal? Mental Health Experiences 6
S Does anyone else become extremely reckless when drunk? Mental Health Experiences 8
E Does Anyone Feel Helped ? Mental Health Experiences 12
B Does anyone have any tips on chilling out after an anxious day please? Mental Health Experiences 9
P Does anyone else feel like you're beyond help? Mental Health Experiences 1
Z Does anyone suffer from tinnitus I'm at breaking point but scared Mental Health Experiences 8
L Not sure if anyone else does this... Mental Health Experiences 1
A does anyone know what’s wrong with me? Mental Health Experiences 2
D Does anyone else like being wrapped up tight in a blanket? Mental Health Experiences 18
S Does anyone else connect colors to certain numbers or letters? Mental Health Experiences 24
CarpeDentum Impulse...something or nothing? This is a serious post, although I would not begrudge anyone who laughs as it does sound ridiculous to me too. Mental Health Experiences 2
L does anyone else feel like they have no purpose in life Mental Health Experiences 21
E Does anyone else dread this time of year....? Mental Health Experiences 11
U Does anyone else get emotional when listening to classical music? Or am I just unstable? Mental Health Experiences 10
W does this make sense to anyone? Mental Health Experiences 7
Gajolene Does anyone else here have Exema Mental Health Experiences 4
Davey Blueeyes Does anyone else have trouble going to bed? Mental Health Experiences 4
C Does anyone know what I even have? Mental Health Experiences 4
S Does anyone ever get that eery feeling like something bad is going to happen or your own death is near? Mental Health Experiences 6
shaky Briefly Altered Personality - does anyone recognize this? Mental Health Experiences 4
F does anyone get Mental Health Experiences 6
R Can anyone please help, does anyone know of a Complex Needs Unit Closing in a Slough Hospital? Mental Health Experiences 8
P does anyone else struggle to hold on to meaning/truth? Mental Health Experiences 12
Seb1 (was aboveitall) Does Free Will Exist? Mental Health Experiences 18
E How does genetics influence mental illness Mental Health Experiences 2
T What does this mean ? Mental Health Experiences 4
Hello513 Does BPD mean borderline personality disorder or bipolar disorder? Mental Health Experiences 7
Amelia2020 Does Incest cause mental illnesses for the offspring? Mental Health Experiences 2
hORIzonFINK210 (Was blog15) What simply existing does to the will power.. Mental Health Experiences 2
S Does NHS treat a bout of depression different to Chronic long term depression? Mental Health Experiences 4
B Narcissist? She does not have all the signs.... Mental Health Experiences 1
H what does a friendship look like? Mental Health Experiences 2
hORIzonFINK210 (Was blog15) Does my world close up to empathy? Mental Health Experiences 1
A How to best deal when a person thinks everything she does is wrong? Mental Health Experiences 1
JessisMe Does Your Therapist Know What He/She is Doing? Mental Health Experiences 15