• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Does anyone know what this particular disorder might be ?

S

Sunflowerbun

I have a classmate whose ‘mother’ is not her real mother but just a caretaker who takes care of her until her own mother went to jail. When I met this caretaker, I cannot help but observe how she was behaving abnormally. For example insisting my classmate is her daughter and forcing her to call her mom, alienate my classmate from her parents and relatives, move to our city to get away from anyone who used to know my classmate, create dependency and reliance so that my classmate always feel a need to run back to her. She is possessive and would get angry when my classmate went missing for probably just an hour. The thing is my classmate don’t seem to think there is an issue.
This caretaker genuinely believes that she is the mother of my classmate and would share with me stories about her growing up and while being pregnant with her. It being all false. I would just like to research more about this condition but I don’t even know where to start. Can someone give me clues ?

P

Purpleplum

I have a classmate whose ‘mother’ is not her real mother but just a caretaker who takes care of her until her own mother went to jail. When I met this caretaker, I cannot help but observe how she was behaving abnormally. For example insisting my classmate is her daughter and forcing her to call her mom, alienate my classmate from her parents and relatives, move to our city to get away from anyone who used to know my classmate, create dependency and reliance so that my classmate always feel a need to run back to her. She is possessive and would get angry when my classmate went missing for probably just an hour. The thing is my classmate don’t seem to think there is an issue.
This caretaker genuinely believes that she is the mother of my classmate and would share with me stories about her growing up and while being pregnant with her. It being all false. I would just like to research more about this condition but I don’t even know where to start. Can someone give me clues ?
Psychosis? (Can't determine real vs. Imaginary)
Non mental health diagnosis issues: grooming a child, control issues.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
T Does Anyone Realize Mental Health Experiences 5
Ineedhelp2921 Does anyone have any advice for people in their 20s? Mental Health Experiences 18
E Does anyone can relate ? Mental Health Experiences 8
MissPink Does anyone else think this is rude? Mental Health Experiences 9
Ineedhelp2921 Does anyone know what this could be? Mental Health Experiences 4
N Does anyone temporarily forget their trauma? Mental Health Experiences 5
Falling_Fixation Does anyone know what this is? Mental Health Experiences 10
B Narcissist? She does not have all the signs.... Mental Health Experiences 1
H what does a friendship look like? Mental Health Experiences 2
blog15 Does my world close up to empathy? Mental Health Experiences 1
A How to best deal when a person thinks everything she does is wrong? Mental Health Experiences 1
JessisMe Does Your Therapist Know What He/She is Doing? Mental Health Experiences 15
T What does she mean by this/extremely impulsive now Mental Health Experiences 12
T Habit of hiding emotion and negative thoughts from others does not go away Mental Health Experiences 8
C I don't know if I'm normal , does everyone behave/feel the same? Mental Health Experiences 2
F Does your mind race after you've been productive? Advice on how to stop it. Mental Health Experiences 1
B Does anybody else get stuck on past events? Mental Health Experiences 19
blog15 What does your coping mindset consist of? Mental Health Experiences 1
D Does your depression worsen when there is bad weather and in morning? Mental Health Experiences 19
B Why does it feel like Stupidity is a "Badge of Honor" Mental Health Experiences 1
blog15 Does your illness make you spontaneus? Mental Health Experiences 1
blog15 Coconut does wonders> Mental Health Experiences 5
G Does it ever go away? Mental Health Experiences 3
Carol1952 Does a physical illness make your anxieties worse? Mental Health Experiences 5
W What does your treatment for schizophrenia consist of? Mental Health Experiences 26
LORD BURT Does your MH condition suck out all the joy of your life? Mental Health Experiences 8
M What does this sound like? Mental Health Experiences 5
Topcat Has anyone here ever run away? Mental Health Experiences 19
wraziel Can anyone explain twhy I feel very good... Mental Health Experiences 1
blog15 ANYONE WHO CROSSES PERSPECTIVE WITH BASIS? Mental Health Experiences 1
T I have no identity, I am a blank slate (anyone else?) Mental Health Experiences 5
L Anyone had professional carers in while they at work ? Mental Health Experiences 2
F New here, can anyone help with a childhood experience? Thank you Mental Health Experiences 47
Coolcuk Anyone feeling like the world is about to end soon? Mental Health Experiences 13
H did anyone tell their parents that they would never get married? Mental Health Experiences 1
Ladyfair DONT TRUST ANYONE Mental Health Experiences 7
elliepaige20 I don’t trust anyone... Mental Health Experiences 10
jacquelinx Is anyone else obsessed with dates, times, and numbers? Mental Health Experiences 5
C Hurt me so I wouldn’t hurt anyone else? Mental Health Experiences 2
I Can anyone give advice for 91 year old mom out of control Mental Health Experiences 41
T Anyone had similar experiences?.... Mental Health Experiences 7
C How about a 4-point check-in? Anyone? Mental Health Experiences 2
M Has therapy ever actually worked for anyone? Mental Health Experiences 37
Shana09 I have been told that my doctors may never diagnose me, has anyone else been in this position? Mental Health Experiences 7
S Has anyone had a similar psychosis story to mine?! Mental Health Experiences 1
D Can anyone relate to this type of thinking? Mental Health Experiences 8
M Can anyone help? Mental Health Experiences 3
Cabra Has anyone been misdiagnosed? Mental Health Experiences 5
E Have anyone talked to the SARC before? Mental Health Experiences 1
Cabra Has anyone managed to change consultant? Mental Health Experiences 4