• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Does anyone know please answer if you do it’s about a cat scan

J

Jtreyo1989

Ok so does anyone know if a cat scan of the chest and lungs shows the throat ?? Because last week I had a ct scan of my chest and lungs with dye because I was coughing up some crazy green/brown phlegm they said my cat scan was normal and clear and now I have this crazy problem now when I swallow it hurts I don’t have a sore throat it only hurts when I swallow.. and now I’m freaking out convinced it’s throat cancer cuz it’s lasted longer than a week now and it won’t go away.
so I’m wondering if I had throat cancer would that have shown up in my chest ct scan ??

also if my throat onlyhurts when I swallow is that considered a sore throat or is a sore throat and constant pain ?? I’m very very scared right now

Koi1971

Koi1971

I think you should go back to your doctor. I don't think one ct scan could cause a problem than quickly, but I'm not a doctor. Hope that helps.

Passionflower

Passionflower

Did you have an injection of contrast before you had your ct scan?. If you did it was probably iodine and that can mess with your thyroid giving you throat or neck pain

Passionflower

Passionflower

I find that if I have iodine in a multi vitamin even, then my thyroid hurts a bit. I can't have the 'contrast' when I have a cat scan as it makes my thyroid swell up and hurt for weeks.