• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Does anyone know anything about this?

soul searching

soul searching

The more I try to do something the voice in my head doesn't want me to, the more pain I get. It sais its doing this to me-inflicting pain on me? How could it? Its just a misfiring neuron or something, right? It acts like it has feelings. That's not possible, right? I can't do anything anymore, like watch tv or listen to the radio without it torturing me physically. Now its threatening to make me eat only peanut butter for the rest of my life(a little comical). But it has me on such a short reign that my existence is miserable. What can I do?

jajingna

jajingna

Hmm, I guess you've seen a doctor and take meds?

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

It will pass. Try to distract any way you can. If the voices are too intense, try and have a nap.

EdEd

EdEd

The best advice I can give is to make sure you take care of yourself and do things that are in your best interests.

D

Deleted member 91261

I would advise trying to get a meds review soon as possible medication will elevate some of the symptoms.. but yes I get what you're saying I'm medicated and have to watch stuff on tablet all the best x

John Lamb

John Lamb

I have experienced pain from my voice. My voice managed to convert me to be a Christian where people had tried but failed before. I’m glad it did because I gained a lot of knowledge as to what’s really going on. The first 2 chapters of Hebrews would explain things to anyone.

soul searching

soul searching

I would advise trying to get a meds review soon as possible medication will elevate some of the symptoms.. but yes I get what you're saying I'm medicated and have to watch stuff on tablet all the best x
Thanks Mandy 125! I really don't want meds but it looks like but I might have to. My firtst appointment is with a psychologist who will refer me the appt isn't for 2 months, Might try to get in sooner.
I have experienced pain from my voice. My voice managed to convert me to be a Christian where people had tried but failed before. I’m glad it did because I gained a lot of knowledge as to what’s really going on. The first 2 chapters of Hebrews would explain things to anyone.
Thanks John Lamb! I have become closer to God myself. I think Having God in your life is very helpful.

S

Schizophrenic Dave

Could it possibly be psychosomatic? There's no possible explanation for what you're experiencing beyond that as far as I'm aware, they're just voices and can't do anything to harm you

EdEd

EdEd

Linking the voices and the pain together.. this is what I use to do.. I would feel pain then hear the voices and would connect the two together..but then I realized that I use to experience random pains before I had schizophrenia and realized that it was just a normal thing that I was overreacting to.. i connected the voices and pain together without a justified reason..

soul searching

soul searching

The more I try to do something the voice in my head doesn't want me to, the more pain I get. It sais its doing this to me-inflicting pain on me? How could it? Its just a misfiring neuron or something, right? It acts like it has feelings. That's not possible, right? I can't do anything anymore, like watch tv or listen to the radio without it torturing me physically. Now its threatening to make me eat only peanut butter for the rest of my life(a little comical). But it has me on such a short reign that my existence is miserable. What can I do?
Just re-read what I wrote in November. What a difference to now! My voice no longer dictates what I do. I watch movies and listen to music again. I have so much more freedom now! Also, beginning to believe that the pain it was supposed to be inflicting on me is real pain, not something that it is controlling.. Wow! Kind of scary to read and remember how bad things were back in November.

L

Lab rat

I’m going shopping, so don’t have time to write now, I’ll write later when I have time.

You are getting tactile hallucinations, we the lucky few that get them suffer painful burns, cuts and anything else they can dream up. Meds may get rid of them. Try meds. You might have to try different meds until they find the ones that work. Distraction works too. It’s not easy distraction. It’s absolutely awful when the voices can torture you with real pain!