• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

• Safety Notice: This section on Psychiatric Drugs/Medications enables people to share their personal experiences of using such drugs/medications. Always seek the advice of your doctor, psychiatrist or other qualified health professional before making any changes to your medications or with any questions you may have regarding drugs/medications. In considering coming off psychiatric drugs it is very important that you are aware that most psychiatric drugs can cause withdrawal reactions, sometimes including life-threatening emotional and physical withdrawal problems. In short, it is not only dangerous to start taking psychiatric drugs, it can also be dangerous to stop them. Withdrawal from psychiatric drugs should only be done carefully under experienced clinical supervision.

Does anyone here take Venlafaxine hydrochloride?

I

ihavequestions

I was prescribed Venlafaxine Hydrochloride at 75mg. Let me tell you about my backstory. I have really bad anxiety but now I'm getting really depressed. I was put on Paxil and Xanax a few years ago and could take them just fine. I could take xanax and feel great. Then one day I took Xanax about 5 months ago and it was awful. I had the worse panic attack ever and my entire body went numb and was tingling. I got home and cried until I fell asleep. I'm scared to take any medicine cause I'm scared about how I'll feel after I take it and be stuck feeling that way until it wears off. So what I'm trying to ask is...

Did you feel weird when you started taking this? Did you feel normal as always? How did you feel the first day you took it? What are you experiences with this drug?

I'm just scared I'm going to feel "high" like I did when I took Xanax.... Advice would be great.

fate_w_g

fate_w_g

I'm on Venlafaxine 150mg, I've been taking it for just over a year and have to say that it has no affect on me. The downside to it not having an affect on me is that it is doing nothing for my depression. I have talked to my CPN about it and he is going to put it up for review when I next see my psychiatrist.

I hope you get on better with it than I have.

I

ihavequestions

Thanks guys! I'm just scared I'm going to feel "high" I could take 3 or 4 low dose xanax and nothing but then I took it and it gave me worse anxiety. I'm such a baby. Haha I appreciate the help!