Does anyone have 'whispering' voices?

H

Helen73

As well as distinct voices I have whispering voices in which I hear a group of voices whispering but can't make out what they are saying. It's so frustrating not being able to hear what they are saying, I was wondering if anyone else experiences similar things?

jackolantern

jackolantern

Hi, yes I do have this too. It is like the voices are in the next room talking to each other, I get this a lot lately.

H

Helen73

Thanks for your reply, I've never found anyone with this particular phenomenon. I'd much rather hear what they were saying. Good to hear from you.

G

GuitarAsTherapy

Yes, everyone does.

But only a few of us take the time to listen to them.

Hearing voices is NOT an illness.

Doing destructive things that they tell us to do IS.

My theory anyway.

jackolantern

jackolantern

Thanks for your reply, I've never found anyone with this particular phenomenon. I'd much rather hear what they were saying. Good to hear from you.
Thanks Helen, it doesn't help us when you get people saying that Quote "Hearing voices is NOT an illness " .

jackolantern

jackolantern

Yes, everyone does.

But only a few of us take the time to listen to them.

Hearing voices is NOT an illness.

Doing destructive things that they tell us to do IS.

My theory anyway.
Sorry Guitar guy but I do not agree with you at all, if you had psychosis you would not have a choice as to switch the voices off, only medication has stopped voices I my head in the past year.

J

Joe

ACCOUNT CLOSED
As well as distinct voices I have whispering voices in which I hear a group of voices whispering but can't make out what they are saying. It's so frustrating not being able to hear what they are saying, I was wondering if anyone else experiences similar things?
Ever hid from someone and wen then get close u start to panic and suddenly ur body sounds and ur breathing will seem so loud that u think they will hear it and that just makes it loud. Buts that the only time we here it. Next time u here these voices try holding ur breath and if it stops its probably the reason

J

Joe

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Ever hid from someone and wen then get close u start to panic and suddenly ur body sounds and ur breathing will seem so loud that u think they will hear it and that just makes it loud. Buts that the only time we here it. Next time u here these voices try holding ur breath and if it stops its probably the reason
Any noises that travel thro ur throat go thro a voice box making em sound like voices only without letter s and cuz we hear it from the inside and the outside its in stereo which makes it sound like it's over there pls post if this works as I've helped 10 people instantly so far

X_Y

X_Y

I do have whispering voices sometimes, but they speak loud enough for me to understand what they were saying.

Parayana

Parayana

I used to, luckily I don't hear voices anymore thanks to meds, I still suffer from paranoia and depression though. Phoenix don't listen to that voice, you are a very cool and caring person.

E

ernesto3

Yeah but not often. Mine mostly yell or talk at regular pace but very slowly. They talk slowly because they know I can’t hear them at times, so they do it so I can more easily make out their words.