• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Does anyone have issues sleeping etc when severely depressed?

• Thread starter Someone Far Away
  • Start date
S

Someone Far Away

Since last Sunday, a week ago I have literally gotten about 2 hours a sleep a day. And when I say day I mean I lay in bed from 9pm until 530am just thinking and thinking and thinking and my mind wont stop thinking and eventually I fall asleep in the morning only to wake up two hours later with more thinking and thinking. I cant stop the dang thinking! I am so exhausted and can barely eat as well.

2Much2Feel

Hey, and welcome to the forum:) Yes, this is always a marker for me that I'm about to be in full-blown depression mode. I just went through 6 months of sleeping about 3-4 hours a night, and it's hell. The thing that finally worked for me when nothing else did was listening to sleep hypnosis, as weird as that sounds. I'm sorry you're going through it. It is awful, but it will pass. Do you have a therapist you're working with?

MeAndMyDepression

MeAndMyDepression

Hi @Someone Far Away
Yes, the following are all symptoms of depression: early awakening, excess sleepiness, insomnia, or restless sleep.
I can relate to you about thinking and the mind racing when trying to fall asleep. Sometimes I really need help trying to fall asleep, and I'll take another Klonopin tablet.