Does anyone have episodes of feeling faint

• Thread starter Ragdoll what are houses
  • Start date
R

Ragdoll what are houses

Hi I have severe anxiety and depression and lately I keep coming over feeling faint. The feeling is very strong and scary and always happens when I go out somewhere where there are a lot of people. I am so scared that I will faint in front of people and everybody will be looking at me. This is making me feel like I cannot go out anywhere with friends in case this happens. Has anyone felt this way?

C

Confusedandanxious

Yes I get like this a lot. I call it "head whoosh"
Mine is definitely related to anxiety.
Last time it happened I assessed what was going on to be triggering my anxiety, then removed myself until it past. A group of people were close by, resulting in me being backed into a corner (not completely, but my mind perceived it that way) as there was no exit behind me. Once I got out of that situation it lessened a lot.

P

Pollypop

Yes, have lots of dizzy spells and feeling as if I am going to faint.
I suffer from GAD, major depression, amongst other things.
I get them at home as well.
I can get very shaky as well.

Try not to avoid going out.
I stopped going out and am now agoraphobic.

vanish

vanish

Forum Safety Team
Oh yes for sure! I usually get the woozy feelings when I feel overwhelmed. I’ve had them before at work (but just excused myself for a few moments to splash cold water on my face) as well as in the shower. You see, growing up I was tormented about being clean all the time so I grew to fear the bathroom. I guess it’s carried over into adulthood.