• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

does anyone have bad anxiety over their health

J

johnathon84

The past few days I have had a big fear about anxiety over my health. Does anybody suffer from similar experiences. I quit smoking a number of months ago and since that time I have had big worries about ny health. One of the biggest fears that I have is that there could be a chance that I have something wrong with me such as cancer. I tend to worry about this kind of stuff knowing the chances are I do not. Is it worth speaking to my doctor about this and is there anything they could do to put my mind at rest?.

StillFighting

StillFighting

Hi johnathon84, I don't have any personal experience with this, but I did know a girl that had a similar issue. She would stress a lot about her health, and whenever she had any symptoms she thought were suspicious, she would always fear the worst. I think there's a name for that, it's called "health anxiety". I'm not saying it's what you have, but it could possibly be.

You say it's happening the last few days; did something stressful happen maybe, that could cause this? Maybe if you give it time, this anxiety will go away. However, if you find that it's not getting any better after some time, then it might be worth mentioning it to your doctor.