• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Does anyone have a lack of appetite with anxieties?

Carol1952

Carol1952

Sometimes I do a couple of times I went over a day without eatting .I just did not feel the least bit hungry but in my case I suppose it is a good thing.SInce my kids always said I looked like a whale when i use to go swimming or the good year blimp now that hurts.JUst because someone is heavy it doesnt give anyone the right to make fun of them.

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
One of my relatives said another looked like a beached whale. Luckily, they ignored it but it must hurt. The 'beached whale' is beautiful inside and out and has a great job and lovely boyfriend. Some people think things are funny when they are not.

I find it very hard to eat when anxious. I usually go for milkshakes and soups as they are easier. It is important you eat every single day. I think we can actually gain wait if we don't have a regular intake of food.

I eat so much cereal. Ready break with cold milk and a bit of brown sugar is really nice.

Ineedhelp2921

Ineedhelp2921

Man kids are really mean! No one should be made to feel ashamed for who they are, everyone is different and everyone comes in different shapes and sizes. I have a friend who is always making fun of people, and often calls people who are bigger, beached whales. So we are constantly telling him off for placing comments like that, but we know it comes from a place of insecurity.
As long as you are healthy and taking care of yourself that's the main thing.

Loss of appetite is very common. I had a couple of weeks of not being able to stomach food, so I was just eating biscuits and toast. I've heard drinking water can help. Since last week my appetite has come back and I'm eating pretty much as normal again.

AlwaysinCrown

AlwaysinCrown

Yes I also have it.

Carol1952

Carol1952

One of my relatives said another looked like a beached whale. Luckily, they ignored it but it must hurt. The 'beached whale' is beautiful inside and out and has a great job and lovely boyfriend. Some people think things are funny when they are not.

I find it very hard to eat when anxious. I usually go for milkshakes and soups as they are easier. It is important you eat every single day. I think we can actually gain wait if we don't have a regular intake of food.

I eat so much cereal. Ready break with cold milk and a bit of brown sugar is really nice.
if i do eat i will eat a sandwich or some crackers then there are time when u have to much od an appetite

Carol1952

Carol1952

Man kids are really mean! No one should be made to feel ashamed for who they are, everyone is different and everyone comes in different shapes and sizes. I have a friend who is always making fun of people, and often calls people who are bigger, beached whales. So we are constantly telling him off for placing comments like that, but we know it comes from a place of insecurity.
As long as you are healthy and taking care of yourself that's the main thing.

Loss of appetite is very common. I had a couple of weeks of not being able to stomach food, so I was just eating biscuits and toast. I've heard drinking water can help. Since last week my appetite has come back and I'm eating pretty much as normal again.
It is awful the way kids can be they think heavy people i wont ever say fat because i tsoumds to mean.then sometimes make u hungry to.i had a boston cream donut today very good,

P

Proggy

Yeah, I can totally relate. I lose my appetite completely when I'm anxious/stressed. Forcing myself to eat is painful when I get like this and a lot of the time I feel sick afterward. The longest I've gone without eating properly was about 3 months and I lost a vast amount and was extremly ill.

And kids can be needlessly cruel, I'm so sorry that they said these things to you. ☹ I've struggled with my weight my entire life and I've recently put on a few pounds during lockdown. The last time I saw my mother-in-law she made it a point to tell me I was fat so I know how you're feeling. Sending you lots of hugs. ❤

Carol1952

Carol1952

Yeah, I can totally relate. I lose my appetite completely when I'm anxious/stressed. Forcing myself to eat is painful when I get like this and a lot of the time I feel sick afterward. The longest I've gone without eating properly was about 3 months and I lost 40lbs and was deathly ill.

And kids can be needlessly cruel, I'm so sorry that they said these things to you. ☹ I've struggled with my weight my entire life and I've recently put on a few pounds during lockdown. The last time I saw my mother-in-law she made it a point to tell me I was fat so I know how you're feeling. Sending you lots of hugs. ❤
Using that word fat is just so cruel I am so sorry that u had to deal with that.You dont see us making fun of thin people.then why do it to us one time when my son was playing with his friends a couple of them were making stupid remarks like can u touch your feet or i need jenny graig i dont think my son liked it to much but he didnt stick up for me either they were about 13 years old he walked up to me and asked me if i can see my toes i quickly grabbed him by his color walked him over to a tree was about ready to pin him to it and hit him but he quickly pointed out i couldnt do that because he was a minor and i could get arrested so i stopped i was hurt and so mad.well you know what whenever i saw that kid again he would run,stupid ass it is just wrong t make fun of anyone even people with a mental illness get called all types of names.Name calling i sjus childess

reservoirwolf

reservoirwolf

i'm really sorry that you're feelings were hurt by those words. i think it would be hurtful to most people if they were in the same situation. my heart goes out to you. name calling is very mean. i also tend to lose my appetite when i'm super anxious. sometimes, i won't even realize that i'm not eating, it just happens. it's sort of like my mind is so stuck on whatever i'm anxious about, it has no room to *be/deal with/focus on* hungry!

Carol1952

Carol1952

i'm really sorry that you're feelings were hurt by those words. i think it would be hurtful to most people if they were in the same situation. my heart goes out to you. name calling is very mean. i also tend to lose my appetite when i'm super anxious. sometimes, i won't even realize that i'm not eating, it just happens. it's sort of like my mind is so stuck on whatever i'm anxious about, it has no room to *be/deal with/focus on* hungry!
I suppose in my case it would be good cause i need to lose weight and i have gone down one whole size i lost over 20 pounds when i was n the nursing home last year.

ipanema

ipanema

Sometimes I do a couple of times I went over a day without eatting .I just did not feel the least bit hungry but in my case I suppose it is a good thing.SInce my kids always said I looked like a whale when i use to go swimming or the good year blimp now that hurts.JUst because someone is heavy it doesnt give anyone the right to make fun of them.
Absolutely! I lost about 10kg in a month back in April (and I was already skinny!). It's not just the lack of appetite, but also my stomach and everything else related, I feel like throwing up all the time when I'm anxious.
It's not a good thing to lose weight like this - you end up losing muscle too and become prone to lack of some nutrients and minerals, such as potassium, magnesium, vitamins important for your brain to function properly. So when I feel like not eating, I just sort of force myself to eat something with a lot of protein or with good "ingredients".

Carol1952

Carol1952

Absolutely! I lost about 10kg in a month back in April (and I was already skinny!). It's not just the lack of appetite, but also my stomach and everything else related, I feel like throwing up all the time when I'm anxious.
It's not a good thing to lose weight like this - you end up losing muscle too and become prone to lack of some nutrients and minerals, such as potassium, magnesium, vitamins important for your brain to function properly. So when I feel like not eating, I just sort of force myself to eat something with a lot of protein or with good "ingredients".
there is this pill i got from walmart it helps with nausea it i call Nauzene it help your sttomach if it isnt to bad if it i is strong not so much,

ipanema

ipanema

there is this pill i got from walmart it helps with nausea it i call Nauzene it help your sttomach if it isnt to bad if it i is strong not so much,
I guess that would help with the gastric reflux, but the whole digestive system gets affected, it ven makes my stomach hurt.

N

Nukelavee

You dont see us making fun of thin people
don't kid yourself - you don't notice it, because people are mocking you for the opposite. But, yes, being super thin means lots of teasing and mockery.

Being called fat or a whale is hurtful, but so is being told you're a twig, a stick, a skeleton, the wind would blow you away. If you are a male, it seriously counts against you.

Seriously - people have no issue walking up and telling me to eat more, I look unhealthy. Back in my 20's, in university, a friend, who had put on a lot of weight, just walked up and was like - "You don't look healthy, eat more". I replied with "You don't look healthy, eat less".

You can imagine how she reacted. Ended up being a few thin folks who stood up for me, pointing out her comment invited mine, and was just as hurtful.

so, yeah, not fitting in the "Average" gets you mocked, no matter which end of the scale you are on. (That may be a pun, I'm not certain).

My appetite is never good -I eat twice a day and have to force myself to do that. The only reason I weigh more than 110 pounds is my meds.

IF I'm really depressed or anxious, I'll go days without eating.

Carol1952

Carol1952

I guess that would help with the gastric reflux, but the whole digestive system gets affected, it ven makes my stomach hurt.
WHen u r hungry you can produce a lot of acid >i know I do my stomach makes all kinds of noises but i also have gerd to adn u can get some chest pains with that as well to bad asprin wouldnt help with the pain.FOR some reason it doenst though i am sorry u have to feel this way.I do wish I could help you cure you believe me if I could I would