• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Does anyone get severe Fasciculations?

Newstartformetoday

Newstartformetoday

There isn’t a muscle in my body that doesn’t twitch 24/7 these days ....... anyone get this too?

calypso

calypso

Admin
NO I don't thank goodness. Its sounds awful, I am so sorry that this is happening to you. What causes it do you think? Is it anxiety?

Newstartformetoday

Newstartformetoday

NO I don't thank goodness. Its sounds awful, I am so sorry that this is happening to you. What causes it do you think? Is it anxiety?
Hi Calypso,

I must say I hope so 🙏, I have another EMG today and also a Muscle Biopsy ..... it started a year ago now but does seem to flair up more when I’m anxious or sad.

it never stops, itS all day every day and I’m hoping I’m nearing the answers as I can’t tell you how it’s effected my life over the last 12 Month ... From who and were I was, to now and where I am.

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
It could be down to your meds. When i was on aripiprizole it was a nightmare every muscle twitched i couldnt even swallow properly so eating became difficult. After only a few weeks i was so bad that the p/doc took me off it. If you re on meds talk it over with your p/doc and see about getting it changed.
If your not on any meds you need to see your doctor to find out what’s causing it, probably a neurology referral

Newstartformetoday

Newstartformetoday

It could be down to your meds. When i was on aripiprizole it was a nightmare every muscle twitched i couldnt even swallow properly so eating became difficult. After only a few weeks i was so bad that the p/doc took me off it. If you re on meds talk it over with your p/doc and see about getting it changed.
If your not on any meds you need to see your doctor to find out what’s causing it, probably a neurology referral
Thanks Daffy 🙏,

I have been under a neurologist now for 7 months and still feel like a lab rat tbh.... I’m on 3x 2mg of diazepam and 3x 500mcg of Clonazepam, but in all fairness I’ve stockpiled that much up from not needing (or trying to power on without) that I could put half of Hull to sleep tbh lol.

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
I hope things go ok for the test. I have a problem with my balance and shaking hands and use a walking stick now but that was found on an MRI scan and down to cerebellar Ataxia