• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Does anyone get Physical Symptoms due to anxiety.

K

Kerensa

Does anyone get a bad dizzy spell that last's a couple of second's? I get dizzyness/ lightheadedness but i just had a big sudden dizzy spell whilst sitting down?

M

morty2

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Talked about this in therapy how physical things can be manifestations of Mental pain, or problems. i believe its true. Very strange but true.

stevie_sloth

stevie_sloth

If I'm starting to have a panic reaction, I can get a bit dizzy, have tingles shooting down both my arms, and lose my peripheral vision. I think it's a spike and then drop in blood pressure.

K

Kerensa

If I'm starting to have a panic reaction, I can get a bit dizzy, have tingles shooting down both my arms, and lose my peripheral vision. I think it's a spike and then drop in blood pressure.
Sorry to hear that. Anxiety is horrid & has very frightening symptoms. This may be vertigo,i was just sat on the sofa & it was horrid.

M

Macbeth20

From anxiety I get an on and off anxious cough and a sore throat does anyone else get this

JavaJane

JavaJane

Ive always been a hypochondriac and always been anxious. My physical symptoms mainly started at xmas 2014. I had what seemed like my first ever panic attack in Nov 2014. Then in December a few days before xmas 2014 I had another one. But this time it affect one side of my body. My body felt heavy on the right side for a week or two. I went to my GP, he did bloods and said I dont really qualify for a stroke as my bloods and weight etc was ok. A few weeks later I had the same attack while lying in bed. This time my GP sent me to hospital to check for TIA. The hospital did bloods and scans of my arteries aswell as a CT scan of my brain. Everything came back clear although they did find a sinus infection.

Over the 5 years ive conviced myself its MS.

BTW im now 47

Since then my anxiety has increased alot. My symptoms i get are.

One side body weakness, when i get an attack.
Sometimes feel weak and have a sudden need to eat.
Head pressure and tense neck.
Lightheaded or dizziness.
Heatburn that ive had for over 20 years. Omeprazole sorts it out.
Restlessness. Mainly right side
Right eye floaters
Random pains. Stabbing or skin pain.
Clogged ears and jaw ache.
Bloatedness
Ectopic beats. (Heart Scan fine)
Pain under ribs.
Scared to exercise as it may trigger symptoms.
Random stabbing pain under armpits which is definitely a nerve pain.

These are most of my symptoms. But they come and go. I never get all these on a daily base. But i have noticed that they come every few months and last a few weeks and go. They may come one by one. I have a cancer anxiety mainly since 2017 as i know someone who passed away from it. Some one who was young fit and strong. When i get all clear the symptoms seem to reduce or go.

Does anyone else suffer from anything like this?
I'm usually shaky a lot now. My hands tremble and sometimes other parts of me are shaky and weak feeling. I get nervous little tics. I have trouble breathing. I get warm feeling like a hot flash and then my heart starts doin 90 to nothing. Some beats will skip. I can go from normal heart rate to 125 BPM just sitting in a chair doing nothing. Once it starts I tend to pace and have trouble thinking and I get extremely grouchy. Sometimes if it's bad enough I will beat the walls in the restroom at work. I kinda hyperventilate when it's at it's height.

I tend to feel dizzy and faint along with being totally exhausted.

ShySparrow

ShySparrow

These are the physical symptoms I've been getting for the last month or two, since I had my first proper panic attack. ECG and bloods were all normal.

- Feeling a strong but steady heartbeat and strong pulse in my upper body, all the time for the last few weeks.
- Chest pains that come and go during the day, from stabbing pains to dull aches.
- Stomach discomfort and diarrhoea. Bloated, uncomfortable feeling when sitting.
- Feeling I need to go to the toilet more often even if nothing happens when I'm there.
- Dizzy spells that last a few seconds

Just fed up with it now.

N

Norseforce01

GERD ( indigestion and / or heartburn). I have daily prescribed meds for this, but when I am not stressed, it goes away completely

Pain in right side ( hip, which I was told by the doc is Bursitis.....but it disappears when I am not stressed). Rib pain, right shin pain, headaches on right side, toothache right side.....all disappear when I am not anxious.

Elevated levels of prolactin. This was a weird one, doc couldn’t say why I had it, and referred me to hospital who could not find reason. However, googling seems to point to a possible link between increased prolactin and PTSD.

N

Norseforce01

I also have "food issues" I have had heartburn, which I then fixate on and then I struggle with swallowing my food because again I can not just eat I have to focus on the actual eating, which again causes more anxiety that something is wrong.