• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Does anyone get Physical Symptoms due to anxiety.

S

Sam1973

Ive always been a hypochondriac and always been anxious. My physical symptoms mainly started at xmas 2014. I had what seemed like my first ever panic attack in Nov 2014. Then in December a few days before xmas 2014 I had another one. But this time it affect one side of my body. My body felt heavy on the right side for a week or two. I went to my GP, he did bloods and said I dont really qualify for a stroke as my bloods and weight etc was ok. A few weeks later I had the same attack while lying in bed. This time my GP sent me to hospital to check for TIA. The hospital did bloods and scans of my arteries aswell as a CT scan of my brain. Everything came back clear although they did find a sinus infection.

Over the 5 years ive conviced myself its MS.

BTW im now 47

Since then my anxiety has increased alot. My symptoms i get are.

One side body weakness, when i get an attack.
Sometimes feel weak and have a sudden need to eat.
Head pressure and tense neck.
Lightheaded or dizziness.
Heatburn that ive had for over 20 years. Omeprazole sorts it out.
Restlessness. Mainly right side
Right eye floaters
Random pains. Stabbing or skin pain.
Clogged ears and jaw ache.
Bloatedness
Ectopic beats. (Heart Scan fine)
Pain under ribs.
Scared to exercise as it may trigger symptoms.
Random stabbing pain under armpits which is definitely a nerve pain.

These are most of my symptoms. But they come and go. I never get all these on a daily base. But i have noticed that they come every few months and last a few weeks and go. They may come one by one. I have a cancer anxiety mainly since 2017 as i know someone who passed away from it. Some one who was young fit and strong. When i get all clear the symptoms seem to reduce or go.

Does anyone else suffer from anything like this?

Lizaje

Lizaje

I'm gonna leave, with my gut issues, head aches and migreanes, through the backdoor. :hidesbehindsofa:

S

SarahG4

Yes I get weird symptoms.
Heart missing beats. Upset gut -gassy, bloated like ibs, and then days and days when it's normal.
Go hot and cold, restless like I've got to be doing something or outside walking, and sometimes in the morning after I've got up my legs go weak, and I have to get down on the floor for about 3-5 minutes. When that happens my heart races and I'm shaky all over.

Lizaje

Lizaje

sometimes in the morning after I've got up my legs go weak, and I have to get down on the floor for about 3-5 minutes. When that happens my heart races
Electrolytes? Potassium? Blood sugar? Iron?

J

Jomp

It might help to understand what anxiety is, as it's not simply a state of mind.

Anxiety is frustrated stress. Stress is a natural and essential part of our lives. Stress alerts us to threats and prepares our bodies for fight or flight. The problem is that it works fine if we're faced with a tiger, but it helps less when the threat is insidious and constant.

Stress increases adrenaline in your blood, it stops digestion, heightens senses and focuses your attention on the threat. So, in a very real sense, stress is a physiological condition.

Stress that isn't given a fight or flight response leaves us feeling anxious, which can then be self-repeating, as we start becoming stressed about the anxiety and then it feeds itself.

Watch a frightened animal and it will get terrified quickly, but after it reacts it goes back to being calm fairly quickly, once the threat has gone. That's how we should be, but we live in a much more complex environment.

The solution to the physical symptoms is clear: give the stress something to work on, and what it's expecting is physical exertion to use up the adrenaline and release endorphins to ease the anxiety.

Because anxiety is a self-perpetuating issue, its likely that the original cause for the stress has long been forgotten.

Eating a well-balanced diet that supplies your body with the chemicals it needs and regular exercise is the best treatment for anxiety and, if it's kept up, the self-generating nature of the anxiety will fade.

Think of yourself as an organic machine and provide it what it needs.

magpie3318

magpie3318

My anxiety gives me diarrhea, nausea, heart palpitations, hot and cold flashes, weak legs, and I break out into a sweat. I also get very shaky and I cry and hyperventilate.

EvyEv

EvyEv

My anxiety gives me diarrhea, nausea, heart palpitations, hot and cold flashes, weak legs, and I break out into a sweat. I also get very shaky and I cry and hyperventilate.
Hi! those are my exact symptoms when i get anxiety. It is the worse. Im always thinking i have something wrong with me. Hope you feel better