• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Does anyone find Facebook depressing?

DoctorInternet2

DoctorInternet2

I'm a bit confused why I started on it anyway, and it seems that I may have the wrong sort of friends on there because they hardly ever like my posts, and yet I often flag their's up. Some people on there have massive of comments everytime they post dull and uninteresting posts, and likes, I just wonder what goes on in people's minds when they are using facebook.
It's a bit depressing actually.:drunk:

K

kizzysmad!

Its a known fact that facebook makes you feel rubbish, Everyone only posts positive posts making you think their life is wonderfull and yours is shit.. its not you its virtual world!! Have you got close friends on there or friends from school? Do you like these people? Would you know or talk too them in the street? If not remove.. Plus are you sure you have your settings set too who can see i had mine on custom felt like billy no mates but was because they couldnt see my posts.. plus if you over post or become an fb slut ie liking everything peeps know your on there all time and this could make them shy away?? hope that helps xx

Raina Walks

Raina Walks

i found facebook depressing....very depressing so i got off it...

for a while i opened up an account under a fake name and just friended three people that i know and created other dummy accounts that i posted as friends just to play the facebook games...but before long i felt i could be doing something better with my time so i stopped going on facebook...it is not for me....but it works for some people i guess...

K

kizzysmad!

yeah i often get bored of it.. unrelayed question.. how do i put a pick on my profile im so rubbish at I.T lol x

OobieMoobie

OobieMoobie

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Sometimes... particularly when you make posts about serious things like politics environment or whatnot and no one gives a damn. :p

I find it useful for keeping touch with people who've moved away though.

Passionflower

Passionflower

Went on it once or twice as my friends are on it, found it banal , egotistical and pointless so de registered.

DoctorInternet2

DoctorInternet2

Sometimes... particularly when you make posts about serious things like politics environment or whatnot and no one gives a damn. :p

I find it useful for keeping touch with people who've moved away though.
Yes there's a lot of strange people on there, who wants to know someone 'has taken their dogs for a walk, and is now sipping hot chocolate' Then people get wild and start liking the posts, saying 'you deserve it, I might have mine'

T

Tatty

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Yes, I agree. Sometimes reading the news feed can make me want to rip my own head off. Facebook needs a 'nobody cares' button. I would deactivate it but I use it to keep in touch with family and long distance friends from uni.

OobieMoobie

OobieMoobie

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nobody cares button would be so useful for "All men are the same!" "Why do girls friendzone the nice guys?!" "I h8 collage" kinda posts. :p

DoctorInternet2

DoctorInternet2

a 'nobody cares' button.
Yes I like the idea of a 'nobody cares' button, or perhaps an 'antidepressant' setting.
Is face book worth getting depressed about, I'm not 100% sure, but I bet hardly anyone wishes me happy birthday when it's my birthday, and yet some on there have 2 pages worth of it on their birthdays, what is it really all about?
I mean, what a way to spend a birthday to realise no one is bothered?

T

Tatty

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Standard shit I see in my news feed are as follows:
"Why is it when countries start wars that they more or less involve animals when it aint there war, in my opinion if your gonna start a war don't use animals!!!! they don't have a choice at all." - seriously, what?
"wonder how many years its gonna take until i find mr.right, hope its soon cause being single is killing me :/"
"Not half as fit as I used to be!!!"

:doh:

T

Tatty

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Yes I like the idea of a 'nobody cares' button, or perhaps an 'antidepressant' setting.
Is face book worth getting depressed about, I'm not 100% sure, but I bet hardly anyone wishes me happy birthday when it's my birthday, and yet some on there have 2 pages worth of it on their birthdays, what is it really all about?
I mean, what a way to spend a birthday to realise no one is bothered?
My friend took his birthday off his profile because he thought it was pointless having it up there. His proper friends knew when his birthday was and those who didn't were not his friends. I'm thinking of doing the same

OobieMoobie

OobieMoobie

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I removed a load of people from my school from my facebook page because they're not actually my friends and I didn't like anyone. After 6 months they actually realised and bitched at me like a mad thing. If it took them 6 months to notice, it really can't be a big deal!

I still get people from my school who actually used to bully me trying to "friend" me on there... as if!

T

Tatty

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I think I'm only genuinely friends with about 10 people on my Facebook friends list. :p I did go through a spell of removing 'non-friends' from my list and tbh, it was quite boring. I sometimes enjoy reading the shit people put on facebook. The arguments are quite entertaining as well