• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Does anyone feel...?

L

LittleMissTiny

Does anyone feel they have a really over developed sense of intuitive empathy? I believe that this may be synonymous with my mental health difficulties.

I often feel drained around people and animals, because I pick up on their emotions, and I wondered if anyone else has encountered this?

If so, is their any way to control it or choose when to use it? I'm so tired!!!

Cheers guys.

R

randomjedi

I tend to find I'm the opposite, almost like I chuck out serious vibes that either elevate everyone up or bring them down to my level depending on which side of the pendulum I've currently swung to. Maybe I'm just a dick?

R

rasselas

Former member
Yes - aha - you too!

I also at times feel drained when in this highly intuitive state - even the people that pass me by in the street, I feel flooded with their emotions. Exhausting yes!

L

LittleMissTiny

I sort of know what you mean, my moods are definitely infectious! But I meant like in crowds e.t.c. and no, I don't think you're a dick lol!

L

LittleMissTiny

I just wish I could choose when to use it!

R

rasselas

Former member
yeah, i know what you mean... would be right handy... its a very accurate emotional gauge...

calypso

calypso

Admin
hey

It might be an idea to try to open the chakras and then learn to close them down properly. But in the event I cannot write out the whole chakra opening thing here, (it is very long) may I suggest you imagine the chakras and then close them. The main chakras are in the base of the spine, abdomen, solar plexus, heart, throat, third eye and crown of the head. The base of the spine and the crown never close fully.

Try to imagine them as flowers open at each area on your body. The flowers are open in the middle, and there is an entrance to your body. Once you have imagined this, and take your time, imagine y ou are standing under a cold waterfall. As the water falls, the cold goes over each flower and its petals close tight into buds. But the water also goes inside you through the crown chakra and out through the base one. Everything closes tight shut, except the crown and the base.

If you can manage all this, you may well find it much easier to be shielded from the input of others. If you have any trouble with this, just rell and I will try to help out. xxx

N

Nixieplonx

I'm naturally empathic when I'm stable (goes with the occupational territory). When I'm hypomanic, I think I know how everyone's feeling, from mice to my manager, and don't have time for anyone who doesn't understand other people's / animals emotions grrrrr......

But when I'm depressed I have no empathy for myself, never mind my cats! Although my cats feelings and needs come before mine!

J

Jules78

Hmmm, I kind of get this. If I'm in a depressed state, I don't have to be super depressed just low or hormonal I pick up on others emotions. I've been known to become quite teary eyed when I see an elderly person sat on their own in the park, I guess I'm just a bit of a softie!