• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Does anyone feel more afraid and creepy at night?

Carol1952

Carol1952

I think it maybe from anxieties but I got this feeling right now as if someone is standing right behind me ready to stab me so I take a quick look nothing is there <MY doctor told me once it is from anxieties ,checking your back all the time is from anxieties didnt know.I just feel so damn scared and afraid right now like something is going to happen.Really bad to.

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
When i don't have a pet in the flat, i feel like that. I can hardly sleep with the little noises and emptiness around me feeling.

Carol1952

Carol1952

When i don't have a pet in the flat, i feel like that. I can hardly sleep with the little noises and emptiness around me feeling.
WHy is it we always have to hear things when it is dark outside?I think the cats outside i hanging around the side of my apt we are not suppose to have cats here it is agains the law.THe always seen to do when they are fighting.

E

Elisante

Taking a break
Yes, I think I see things from the corner of my eye.

belgrade

belgrade

I have this exact same feeling every night. I am deeply afraid of the dark and cannot sleep without some form of light. I also occasionally hear noises that don't exist and see things that aren't there. Maybe it's the fear of the unknown but am not entirely sure.

Carol1952

Carol1952

I have this exact same feeling every night. I am deeply afraid of the dark and cannot sleep without some form of light. I also occasionally hear noises that don't exist and see things that aren't there. Maybe it's the fear of the unknown but am not entirely sure.
i think it is fear of the unknown always feel like someone is going to come crashing through my door.I always have my night light on over the kitchen sink so i can see in there good but it still sacres me so

Ladyfair

Ladyfair

Yes I'm not really afraid of the dark,just being alone.

Z

Zaz3

I often feel like there's someone or something in the house. When I put the lights out and go upstairs I often run from the bathroom to my bedroom as if someone is going to grab me. Strangely when I'm in my bed that.feeling leaves me and i manage to calm down. It's probably totally irrational but it feels so real and scary at the time.

T

troubleSome

ACCOUNT CLOSED
The early AM hours are usually bad for me.
The worst is waking from sleep in the morning to find I'm (again) angry the moment wakeful consciousness returns.

Jam1990

Jam1990

I’ve noticed that my paranoia is higher at night. Ever since I’ve started the Seroquel it’s been more manageable though.

T

troubleSome

ACCOUNT CLOSED
When I was 6 or 7 I had nightmares every night.
Usually the typical "something's chasing me!" as you dream that you run away and are escaping, but then you begin to move in slow motion and they catch up to you.

Or you're flying away, and as you gain altitude above the reach of the monsters you begin to sink back down, and they grab you.

As a child I never could have imagined that what I dreamed was very much like real life.
Except the 'monsters' come in human form.

Carol1952

Carol1952

I’ve noticed that my paranoia is higher at night. Ever since I’ve started the Seroquel it’s been more manageable though.
The seroquel didnt work for me it actually made me feel worse .more anxious to it was awful

Jam1990

Jam1990

The seroquel didnt work for me it actually made me feel worse .more anxious to it was awful
Sorry to hear that. It has worked wonders for me. It has silenced a lot of the internal chatter to a point where I almost feel lonely without it