• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Does anyone feel like this.

L

Lostlady333

Does anyone here feel embarrassed and ashamed of their SH wounds/scars.
I truly don’t want to trigger anyone but where I live, the weather is quite hot at the moment. Today I was stupid enough to roll my sleeves up and stupidly bared all. Luckily no one said anything but it made me feel so ashamed. Usually I keep them well hidden.

Beorn the Bear

Beorn the Bear

Perhaps no one said anything because they didnt even notice?

Beorn the Bear

Beorn the Bear

Are you seeing anyone in regards to your SH?
I hate the thought of you harming yourself 😢

L

Lostlady333

Are you seeing anyone in regards to your SH?
I hate the thought of you harming yourself 😢
Unfortunately I’m not. My doctor thought I was ok. Thank you for caring and replying. Usually i keep it hidden. Sadly it’s a daily occurrence. Sounds weird but the hurt almost feels good. Like there’s some kind of emotion there.

TheSadnessWillLastForever

TheSadnessWillLastForever

Im not ashamed of my scars, Im ashamed of the world for not understanding. I will usually try to hide fresh SH marks but my old scars I do not hide. Why should I hide the torment ive been through and the healing that has taken place with wristbands and long sleeves? I find that most people will not say anything even if they notice, its easier for them that way. Note that I said “most people” Anyway I hope one day you wont be ashamed of your scars and one day, hopefully soon, that will be all thats there.❤

240W

You shouldn't feel ashamed, fuck everyone that doesn't understand!

My friend has scars, but she's managed to stop harming for a few years now. She was so sick of looking down and seeing the old marks, that she decided to get two full sleeves to cover it all up; since she's had them done, she's said that it's helped her restrain from self-harming because she doesn't want to ruin her ink.

L

Lostlady333

Im not ashamed of my scars, Im ashamed of the world for not understanding. I will usually try to hide fresh SH marks but my old scars I do not hide. Why should I hide the torment ive been through and the healing that has taken place with wristbands and long sleeves? I find that most people will not say anything even if they notice, its easier for them that way. Note that I said “most people” Anyway I hope one day you wont be ashamed of your scars and one day, hopefully soon, that will be all thats there.❤
Thank you and I’m happy for you that you don’t feel the need to hide your scars. I guess scars mean there’s been healing. I’m sorry that you are harming, I think it’s a very hard cycle to break. It just gives me some relief. Hope you doing ok.