• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

does anyone ever think

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

it makes sense to kill yourself when you feel okay and rational ,because when you feel okay and rational you can think things through clearly and aren't crying all over the place
x

krista

krista

I have thought about doing it when I'm not depressed, but actually feeling quite rational. because it makes sense in my own head - discontinuing living my miserable life.
when I'm depressed, I just fall to pieces. but when I'm ok, I actually can see how hopeless living actually is.

Lincoln1990

Lincoln1990

I hope you aren't thinking about killing yourself...

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

exactly Krista -that is EXACTLY what I mean
x
this is the time I should make reasons to live/die lists not when im all over the place crying
xx

krista

krista

I'm sending hugs, Lu!! xxxxx

It's such a... weird feeling - rationalising death.
but, speaking from my point of view, my life is such a mess, I rationally don't see the point in trying to untangle it any more.

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

yes-exactly Krista that's what I mean-that's just exactly what I mean!
im sorry you feel the same but I totally get what you just said
x

krista

krista

yes-exactly Krista that's what I mean-that's just exactly what I mean!
im sorry you feel the same but I totally get what you just said
x
I'm sorry that you feel this way.
xxxx

the worst part is - I'm not sure if that is a bad thought...

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

reasons to die

-memories
-im not sure who I am
-I cant cope independently
-I cant control my mood swings/all illness's
-I cant move past my childhood
-I cant live without my mum
-my dad
-cancer
-life is too hard for some people
-the government
-im not an adult inside

-mum
-pets
-I love somebody
-I like to love and feel love and help people
-the world CAN be beautiful if I could only find a way to live in it

Last edited:
Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

im not depressed right now im just trying to work it out while im sane and then when im not sane I will know what to do I wont have to sit and ponder I will have my lists which I made when I felt rational
xx

S

Service_user

I think it's a lucky thing to experience as well as powerful, people kill each other in the name of love...

pepecat

pepecat

I don't think life is rational......

Not to the point of making lists about it, anyway. But maybe that's just me. You could turn it round the other way, and think about depression - if I made a list of 'reasons to be depressed' then there wouldn't be any - or not many anyway; not 'decent' ones. But i was still depressed. It was not logical. And life isn't logical.

You can make a list of reasons to die, and reasons not to die, and one would be longer than the other, but I don't think you can logically / rationally figure out work out whether to die or not like that.

It would be.....odd....to make a list to keep so that when you're depressed you go 'oh yes, i made that list, and it says there are more reaons to kill myself than no, so I'll do it'.

i think that's what i mean......i'm not sure you can base decisions like that on a list of bullet points (because you can be selective about what you put on the list and can 'fix' it to say one thing or another), and because life isn't really logical or rational in that way..... i find. It's about so much more than that.

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

I don't think life is rational......

Not to the point of making lists about it, anyway. But maybe that's just me. You could turn it round the other way, and think about depression - if I made a list of 'reasons to be depressed' then there wouldn't be any - or not many anyway; not 'decent' ones. But i was still depressed. It was not logical. And life isn't logical.

You can make a list of reasons to die, and reasons not to die, and one would be longer than the other, but I don't think you can logically / rationally figure out work out whether to die or not like that.

It would be.....odd....to make a list to keep so that when you're depressed you go 'oh yes, i made that list, and it says there are more reaons to kill myself than no, so I'll do it'.

i think that's what i mean......i'm not sure you can base decisions like that on a list of bullet points (because you can be selective about what you put on the list and can 'fix' it to say one thing or another), and because life isn't really logical or rational in that way..... i find. It's about so much more than that.
thanks ,do you mean I should go through my lists and see what is fixable and what is not?
it makes sense to me to do a life verses death list ,in the end that's what people do in their head? if you think about killing yourself you go through why you should and shouldn't do it? except when you are depressed you cant think straight and you sit thinking I cant live because of this and should I or not because I love him and with lists when you are ill you know how you felt when you were not as ill
x
thanks for your advise
im confused because of myself not because if what you said
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx :hug:

Naw1984

Naw1984

I feel your thoughts lucretia and krista. I feel the weirdness of it. I feel everything you said. Hopefully love can get you through. Its what im missing and it hurts so much everyday.
X