• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Does anyone else write down what the voices are saying?

A

ambient breeze

I found a lots of critical and disrespectful insults going on towards me. they effect me quite a bit.

BillFish

BillFish

Does anyone else write down what the voices are saying? I found a lots of critical and disrespectful insults going on towards me. they effect me quite a bit.
Are you serious? I would be a permanent journalist with notepad a pen and need a box of notepads and pens, I would need an ipad voice to text app and a Bluetooth headset. :meanie:

Kerome

Kerome

Me too, the amount of stuff during my episode was much too great to keep up with. Of course my voices have been entirely quiet for ages, so it's kind of past tense.

But at the time there was quite a thing with writing. They didn't want me to write about them. And I got the feeling that writing about them would make them real in some way, so I largely didn't. Later on I ended up making summaries of some of the large themes they talked about in my journal, or small but significant events.

In your case Ambient Breeze I think you might want to write refutations - what the voices said and then the counter argument, why it's not true. It's one way to steady the mind in these situations.

A

ambient breeze

It's strange and individual.

I have been hearing voices again for over two years whilst on heavy medicaTION. it was like having 50 tv's on at once and writting them down then would of been a task and half.

I find these new atypicals to be a bit light weight in that respect.

The idea for writting them down was through an NHS hearing voices booklet.

A

ambient breeze

Are you serious? I would be a permanent journalist with notepad a pen and need a box of notepads and pens, I would need an ipad voice to text app and a Bluetooth headset. :meanie:
Interesting, how many voices have you heard today so far?

Per Ardua Ad Astra

Per Ardua Ad Astra

In the past, if there has been anything I felt was important in what my voices had to say, then I have written it down. And I was once in a position where I wrote prolifically at their behest, though not verbatim. That's a long story, and I'm not going into it here.

But of late, No. I am not a secretary to my voices :)

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

It is individual. I do find it odd, how others have reported similar experiences, in that they seem to know our darkest insecurities. The things that hurt us most. It is also odd, how a few people seem to have been hearing them since around 2007/2008. It does seem a shared experience.

L

LM1974

I have recently started keeping a note of what they say or do (as I also see them). My reason being that they are very abusive/ evil and they make me fearful/angry. I have found it helpfull if they have called me some name to write it down and at what time. I also make a note of what song is playing in the background which characters are present and what they are doing. Often if they are not saying something to me they are just STARING to make me feel uncomfortable/paranoid/self conscious and self censoring. By keeping a note i feel more in control. I don't write down everything as I have other things to do, but when I began it i did do it religiously for about 3 days, write every detail of what they did or said. From this i learnt they had been trying and to some success succeeding in hypnotising me. I think they want me to carry out evil acts on their behalf. I also now have a dictaphone which is usefull also to get things off your chest and primarily I use to say positive affirmations as 'they' are so negative, plus i don't hear them much when I listen to it. The only downside to keeping a note of what they say/ do is that I am still giving them attention, which of course what they want. The best thing is to learn meditation/ mindfullness.

calypso

calypso

Admin
I'm doing the mindfulness thing. I neither accept or reject them and tell them that out loud. It is easy to say, but very hard to do. People probably think me odd though doing this. i try not to in public. Being negative and angry I am sure is about us being depressed and they reflect that, but I could be wrong. For me, writing them down would give them too much credit for controlling me, and they don't.

But it was someone on here who said try being kind to them when they are nasty and tell them its ok to be angry. I tried that and at first they got worse, but gradually, slowly, they started to be kinder to me. Just my thoughts.

A

atlantis

never directly.

sometimes when i wrote in my journal i'd write down some of the stuff, but i stopped that a while ago

tried to start it up again, but just don't have the energy anymore

A

ambient breeze

They hold all the power, I feel very intimidated,

E

Eigau

About a year after I wrote a small book recording the events that lead to my hospitalization. It was very healing for me. I felt like a heavy weight was lifted from me as I wrote honestly about what happened. I felt all the emotions of the initial experience but in a safe context. I was able to examine their subtle methods into getting me to do small things at first and build up to more worrisome things.

I used what I learned to plan ahead and it has helped me since. I hope writing can help other people too, as long as they feel safe doing it.

Take care :)

D

Deliah

I used to write a recovery journal. It got to about eight books. I didn't write about what my voices said. Now, I'm not always able to write because my voices are filling up my head space. I suppose it's each to their own and depends how much you are hearing. x

M

mwake

I found this intresting, what do you mean people started experiencing since 2008? Kindly intrigued.....

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

I found this intresting, what do you mean people started experiencing since 2008? Kindly intrigued.....
It was an unscientific observation. A few people reported hearing voices since around then, but I didn't draw a graph or anything. What say you?