• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

does anyone else want to chuck me under the bus?

P

Pffft

seems everyone is.. even a person i thought was a really close friend... just seems as if she is non-existant now.. try and text her and tbh i wish i was the type of person that could cope without people because life would be so much easier

R

redfraggle

Does she know how you feel? Some people can be quite selfish. I just got dumped by someone I regarded as a close friend. I took it hard for a while but decided since she knew what I was going through, I could do without her since she was so cruel when I needed her most.
I hope you are ok
Redfraggle

P

Pffft

yeah she does ... infact i feel like a right mug trusting her i feel really angry/ paranoid... i always try and be there for her and she is going through some things herself.. i always text her everyday asking how she is.. asking if she needs to chat ...and yet i get nothing back.. its like i get the impression that since ive been like this for so long that it doesnt matter anymore ... i always feel as if i do the running... i just hate it.. i actually feel as if i have no friends.. no friends at all. i thought it were crap when i were in school and i used to tag along with people and when i finally got friends and labelled them best friends ugh... sorry im just ranting

R

redfraggle

Rant away if it makes you feel better. I decided to do the write a letter thing and not post it but burn it. I wasn't being very sensible when I did it by text and sent it purely by accident. I had to send an apology but luckily I hadn't got to the bit where I started to really rant. Not one of my best moments
Redfraggle

C

Crusher

can understand i have lost so called good friends even my sil has shunned me

F

fallen

seems everyone is.. even a person i thought was a really close friend... just seems as if she is non-existant now.. try and text her and tbh i wish i was the type of person that could cope without people because life would be so much easier
yeah she does ... infact i feel like a right mug trusting her i feel really angry/ paranoid... i always try and be there for her and she is going through some things herself.. i always text her everyday asking how she is.. asking if she needs to chat ...and yet i get nothing back.. its like i get the impression that since ive been like this for so long that it doesnt matter anymore ... i always feel as if i do the running... i just hate it.. i actually feel as if i have no friends.. no friends at all. i thought it were crap when i were in school and i used to tag along with people and when i finally got friends and labelled them best friends ugh... sorry im just ranting
Hi Pffft,
Had the same thing myself when I confided in friends that I had depression. One came straight out and said 'she couldn't put up with people with mental problems', another acted like everything was fine but since has proceeded to almost ignore me unless I do all the running after her.

Realised it's really not worth it to be hurt like this and I don't plan to get close to anyone for a while as a result-I don't understand how some people can be so cruel and selfish. I'm learning not to need people so much-do you think you would be able to do that?

Here for you if you need to talk more.

:hug1:

x fallen x

M

mellonheadgirl

Its unpleasant losing friends due to mh. I personally think its unfair to expect my friends to understand and they have their own problems so I don't ask them for too much support in that area. That's what the professionals are for. When it comes to my friends, we are all pretty busy so we have lunch ocassionally and catch up. We see a movie once in awhile. I find its much easier to keep friends when you keep time spent with them light and enjoyable. However, if they don't hear from me for a long time they will ask what's up and we will disuse it briefly, but our friendship is not based on my mh issues and I think for some people it becomes just about mh issues and support, which ends friendships. Not saying that's what happened to you but its easy to fall into.

P

Pffft

Omg fallen... what your friend said about MH is so harsh and nasty... and as for the other one... i know that feeling... i dont know what hurts the most.. bearing your soul and getting told its a load of boll*x or thinking someone finally understands you and then realising they dont understand at all... complete ball ache (i'm female btw but i find the phrase "ball-ache" rather amusing!) and if im being honest i do try to do that but with depression everyone says that bottling things up is bad but yet... no one seems to want to listen ... and anytime they need me .. they know i am there.. i am a friend and i want to be there... and i dont mind.. infact i think its a compliment when people confide in me.. but the favour never seems to be returned.. and when im at the time in my life where i need my friends i just feel let down

And mellonhead you make a really good point about it becoming more about support rather than a friendship and i can thoroughly understand that but i dont really talk about depression and i think thats the worst bit about it ...