• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

does anyone else think they are really boring

A

aisha23

like they have nothing to offer

the kind of person where if someone asks you what are you doing and tells you all the exciting stuff they are up to, your reply is well, I'm just sitting here.

I do feel like that

N

Nukelavee

I suppose my life could be considered generally boring, but... I'm not bored. And I, personally, have never been accused as boring.

I tell people I like having a generally boring life.

The funny thing is how people create a narrative based upon what they see, without considering how little of my life they have seen. "Nuke" is that quiet guy who doesn't do much but go for walks, and doesn't work.

Except I do free lance writing and art. And I've done lots of travelling, and had adventures. I just choose low-key at this point.

Of course, people in the building have decided I'm having a sexual relationship with another neighbour. Which she and I think is hilarious.

jajingna

jajingna

My life has been boring for years, and I guess I might be boring too with a dull routine. I was certainly boring during a period of illness. In some ways I've had an interesting life too. I honestly think I was more interesting when I would drink and feel more at ease around people that way.

But I guess it doesn't matter as long as boredom doesn't get to you too much and you can usually occupy your time enjoyably or usefully.

K

karl7

the kind of person where if someone asks you what are you doing and tells you all the exciting stuff they are up to, your reply is well, I'm just sitting here.

I do feel like that
i have bad social anxiety and am tonguetied when im with people other than immediate family and my mental health team.....i am very quiet

JessisMe

JessisMe

My life is pretty boring and routine atm. It’s a positive change from the havoc wreaked when I am manic however and everything seems to be hustling and bustling. Although I am definitely depressed now. I don’t know that I personally can handle having an interesting life without it flipping into mania and crashing and burning. So I guess I stick with boring because boring is safe. xo, j

N

Nukelavee

Yup - exciting and BPD are a bad combo, my mostly quiet life is a conscious choice at this point.

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

It depends what you mean by boring. Every interest has a community these days.

I like model trains which most folk find boring, but I find it interesting.

H

hiki

people my age hook up and drink and do craxy things on the weekend but i sleep 12 hours a day on the weekend and havent loved someone since the 5th grade. it feels debilitating

lifecangetbetter

lifecangetbetter

ACCOUNT CLOSED
people my age hook up and drink and do craxy things on the weekend but i sleep 12 hours a day on the weekend and havent loved someone since the 5th grade. it feels debilitating
same here. you're not alone

H

hiki

it’s getting harder and harder for me to get out of bed as of late

lifecangetbetter

lifecangetbetter

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Idk I don't really deal with it. I just accepted that I have a different brain chemistry than most. ( I have other mental issues besides depression) something tells me you aren't as a boring as you think. Maybe you can try a hobby
I just lay in bed in all day as well as nothing makes me happy so I feel there is no point and they severely cut my hours back at work

T

ThinkingOfAUserName

Depends on who is asking. I could be considered boring, I hate parties, only go to special concerts, my social life consists mainly of my sibblings, specially these days what with the pandemic going on, I like to spend time at home and hate having guests. I am very low key.

But I also have a wide assortment of topics to talk about, I can have long and interesting conversations, and love boardgames and making people laugh. I have a collection of interesting songs that people end up shazaming and including in their playlists and interesting data few people know about. So in a sense, I guess I am not the person to go to for a wild time, but I can have a good time. I can't recall the last time I was bored, but I can tell you it has been decades.

M

Mistral

I do feel like that
I do not think there is any shame in doing just ordinary things and getting through the day. You do not have to reply to people who tell you about their exciting life. That is their stuff. Get on with your own life.