• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Does anyone else suffer from the cognitive/negatives?

L

Lab rat

Or am I the only one? At least I don’t suffer from the positives, not surprisingly with all the meds I take.

the thought disorder is terrible! I can’t hold a conversation, telephone is impossible.

L

Lab rat

Sometimes... sometimes not. For some odd reasons the first part of the day is usually worse. I wonder if the meds are playing a part in it, but there again I had mild symptoms that pre exist even my diagnosis

Avolitionist

Avolitionist

Yes. My memory isn’t what is was before my diagnosis. I have to think about the expressions I am making or my face is just blank; expressions don’t come naturally anymore. If I have any stress, even something as simple as a personal question being asked of me in person, I can’t think to answer or react until the stress is gone.

EarthChild

EarthChild

Yes my avolition is a big problem most of the time. And I'm quite forgetful of everyday things. I can talk to my husband and forget what I said five minutes later.

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

It does affect me, yes. A few years back it was really bad, could not focus at all. I am selective about what I focus and think about. My mind is still sharp as a tack tho, but like I say I have to think differently. If I am anxious my mind can go blank - say if I am being interrogated.

It is a fucked up situation, but doing my podcast helps, often the people I am interviewing have far better cognition than me.

EdEd

EdEd

I try to be selective in what I think about also. I've only been like this for roughly 4 1/2 years and had to adopt new thinking patterns , and practice thought pacing..once I learned that thinking isnt a race I've been far better off.. not everything has to be done fast and slow and steady wins the race.. atleast it does in my case.

K

karl7

i have the negatives too....my mind is not as quick as it was