• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Does anyone else suffer from bipolar depression?

• Thread starter MeAndMyDepression
  • Start date
MeAndMyDepression

MeAndMyDepression

I suffer from bipolar depression. That's why I take Latuda. My pdoc says that bipolar depression has to be treated differently than unipolar depression. With bipolar depression, you mainly stay in the depressive state but now and then you go slightly into the hypomania state.

MeAndMyDepression

MeAndMyDepression

Bipolar depression is part of a larger condition called bipolar disorder. Specifically, the “lows” that you may be feeling, those moments of hopelessness, these are the possible symptoms of the depressive moments associated with bipolar disorder. Bipolar depression is a lifelong condition that creates unusual mood changes that can vary in length and severity. You can go from feeling revved up and euphoric to feeling down and hopeless.

B

Beachgirl71

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I have bipolar and tend to be more on the depressed side, especially right now. I am also on Latuda, and I’ve gained a lot of weight since starting it a few years ago. It works though. In the process of finding a new antidepressant.

T

treasurebox

I have a bipolar and listening to good and uplifting songs on youtube helps. Music is therapeutic and it cheers you up.

E

EclipticNight

Yeah i have bipolar depression. I dont really get mania, though i have. Usually i feel really down, lonely and angry at the world. During winter i also have seasonal depression.

S

SweetBipolar

I have bipolar depression too.

MeAndMyDepression

MeAndMyDepression

I just experienced today what it means to have bipolar depression, which I have. It was classic bipolar depression. In the early afternoon, I felt revved up and euphoric. I thought I could do anything. Now, in the early evening, I'm back to my usual self: feeling down and hopeless. My pdoc was right with diagnosing me with bipolar depression. It's a diagnosis that's easy to miss and mistake it for unipolar depression, and bipolar depression has to be treated differently than unipolar depression. That's why I'm on Latuda. But my pdoc, over quite a few sessions, noticed how I was up on some visits and how I was down on others. Being down is my usual state. I didn't think I was up on some visits, but he told me that I was. I guess it's a difficult diagnosis to make, especially when you're just seeing a person a couple of times. But over the course of many visits, it becomes much more apparent. I don't know why this diagnosis was missed over the many years that I've been seeing someone.

Prettyroses99

Prettyroses99

I just experienced today what it means to have bipolar depression, which I have. It was classic bipolar depression. In the early afternoon, I felt revved up and euphoric. I thought I could do anything. Now, in the early evening, I'm back to my usual self: feeling down and hopeless. My pdoc was right with diagnosing me with bipolar depression. It's a diagnosis that's easy to miss and mistake it for unipolar depression, and bipolar depression has to be treated differently than unipolar depression. That's why I'm on Latuda. But my pdoc, over quite a few sessions, noticed how I was up on some visits and how I was down on others. Being down is my usual state. I didn't think I was up on some visits, but he told me that I was. I guess it's a difficult diagnosis to make, especially when you're just seeing a person a couple of times. But over the course of many visits, it becomes much more apparent. I don't know why this diagnosis was missed over the many years that I've been seeing someone.
Did you tell your pdoc your episode varies over a few hours? Bipolar people don't have episodes for hours but instead it last several days, weeks, or even months.

Last month I went on 2 or 3 hours of sleep every night for 2 weeks. I did a ridiculous number of tasks and I couldn’t stop myself. Now all I want to do is sleep and I'm completely uninterested in what I was doing.

Depression disorder and bipolar disorder are different.